Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Did santa bring gaming goodness?

Santa fill anyones stockings with gaming glee this christmas?

I myself got a boxed and working megaCD woooooo shame i have no games of note! We also got a steering wheel for Bob's Xbox and played outrun for too many hours!

Gah.

where is everybody?

While OutRun2 is indeed a damn good thing, Project Gotham Racing 2 has completely pwned my face.

Difficulty ranges from the not-too-hard-at-all to the cast-iron utter-death-bastard-impossibility of some of the later platinum challenges.

I fear PGR2, I also long for the day when I am so damn l33t I can get platinum /everything/. It might never happen. In the meantime I'm going to get a trogdor-like right arm from trying to steer an AC Cobra round the wet and slippery streets of Edinburgh. w00!

Also, in the Christmas presents to myself vein, I found a 3 for £10 offer on PS1 games, and grabbed Wing Commander 3, Syndicate Wars and Colony Wars. I also picked up PS1 Heart of Darkness for a fiver. It's completely beautiful, unsettlingly dark in places and might actually manage to prise me away from my steering wheel. Maybe.

I got a TV and media shelf thingeys, causing my living room to become scary (and ruined by flash photography). Fortunately now that plama screen TVs, LCD whatevers, and flat screen CRTs and stuff exist, regular old slightly bubble shaped CRTs are available for not very much money, in enormous sizes.

I got a HP ipaq h5450 Pocket PC, for portable emulation fun; with wifi for surfing the internets during lectures.

Don't knock the socks man. Best feeling in the world, putting on a brand new pair 'o socks for the first time.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that :shifty:

While OutRun2 is indeed a damn good thing, Project Gotham Racing 2 has completely pwned my face.

Difficulty ranges from the not-too-hard-at-all to the cast-iron utter-death-bastard-impossibility of some of the later platinum challenges.

I fear PGR2, I also long for the day when I am so damn l33t I can get platinum /everything/. It might never happen. In the meantime I'm going to get a trogdor-like right arm from trying to steer an AC Cobra round the wet and slippery streets of Edinburgh. w00!

Ah, it's enthusiasms like this that make me so damn glad I live just 10 minutes walk away... :grin: Warm up the cars, I'm as good as there!

I didn't receive any games (unsurprisingly) but I did finally buy myself Katamari Damacy, after beating it at a friend's house twice.

I got a TV and media shelf thingeys, causing my living room to become scary (and ruined by flash photography). Fortunately now that plama screen TVs, LCD whatevers, and flat screen CRTs and stuff exist, regular old slightly bubble shaped CRTs are available for not very much money, in enormous sizes.

Oh. You're a bachelor. Okay. :yep:

Only games that went through my hands were ones I gave away - particularly games by EA. I'm trying to purge my collection of their refuse, even if they did give me most of them for free.

Oh. You're a bachelor. Okay. :yep:

When did I claim otherwise?

And that said, far more retarded living rooms are had by non-bachelors, if you pay attention.

I didn't get any games but I did get two of these. . Pretty cool, I can now play NHL2005 (I know it's an EA game, but does anyone else make a good hockey game??) without using the akward keyboard. Even cooler is my brother got a two for one deal on them, so he can get his arse handed to him.

I tried playing Half-Life 2 with one, that didn't work out too well. Anyone have any other ideas for good PC games to play with a game pad?

I suspect stuff like Beyond Good and Evil and POP: Sands of Time are way better with a gamepad. I played those games on Xbox and PS2 and I can't imagine having to use a keyboard and mouse.

I suspect stuff like Beyond Good and Evil and POP: Sands of Time are way better with a gamepad. I played those games on Xbox and PS2 and I can't imagine having to use a keyboard and mouse.
Every time anyone says something like this I pick up this reverberating, aristocratic, blasé, let-them-eat-cake, Ole Miss outrage in their voice that makes me want to chop their heads off. It plays just fucking fine.

Every time anyone says something like this I pick up this reverberating, aristocratic, blasé, let-them-eat-cake, Ole Miss outrage in their voice that makes me want to chop their heads off. It plays just fucking fine.

I'm sure it was fine, but the guy was asking for games that play better with a gamepad. I suspect those games do, as they were clearly designed for it. Are you going to respond like that every time anyone offers any suggestions?

I'm sure it was fine, but the guy was asking for games that play better with a gamepad. I suspect those games do, as they were clearly designed for it. Are you going to respond like that every time anyone offers any suggestions?
Well, yeah, it was made for a gamepad and therefore plays better, but the whole "I can't imagine" thing annoyed me. And yes, I'll bind that wee, one-sentence rant to control+shift+F11 so that I may use it in the future.

I got HL2, Myst IV, and finally Beyond Good and Evil. :woohoo:

Man, that's exactly what I got! Except not Beyond Good and Evil, because I already have that. And actually not Half-Life 2, the first one, which I've never played. So really just Myst IV and Half-Life.

Still though: coincidence or what?