Sign in to follow this  
MrHoatzin

White Christmas in fucking GALVESTON

So it's snowing in Galveston. What's the big deal, you may say... well, Galveston is an island in the Gulf of Mexico and my present site of residence. It is the same distance from the Equator as Kuwait or Cairo and somewhat more southwardly than Casablanca.

It does not snow here.

In the dead of winter, at night, the asphalt STAYS FUCKING WARM.

galvestonsno02.jpg

galvestonsno01.jpg

galvestonsno05.jpg

galvestonsno06.jpg

galvestonsno03.jpg

galvestonsno04.jpg

These were taken fifteen minutes ago, fifteen minutes from my place. The person in the pictures is none other than my wonderful sister.

That last sentence was inserted at her insistence.

That's cool.

Snow is good. :yep:

Having grown up in a place that knows snow, I am not too shaken. There hasn't been snow in Galveston in a quarter century, and I don't think it was like this when it snowed last. My sister's friends are all freaking out, having been born after the last snow. I haven't seen the stuff myself in, like, four years.

And they still claim there's nothing wrong with the climate. The greenhouse effect is a hoax and we shouldn't be whining so much.... Right. :frusty:

And they still claim there's nothing wrong with the climate. The greenhouse effect is a hoax and we shouldn't be whining so much.... Right. :frusty:

Actually, the greenhouse effect is a natural phenomenon that would continue even if we didn't pollute the air. The only thing is, we're kinda speeding up the effects at the moment. :sombrero:

--Erwin

Your little sister is blurry.. but still.. how old is she?

:naughty:

Seventeen. The blurriness is from our mother's side of the family.

Oh, but in all seriousness it snowed in Oklahoma too, which is also unusual (but not unheard of like in Galveston where Palm trees grow).

The ice age is upon us. It's so fucking cold here all the time now. I hear it's going to last until spring.

Man if it ever snowed here in San Diego I think people would riot. When it fucking rains here people don't even know what to do.

Yeah, you Californians are pathetic drivers in bad weather! :mock::grin::hah::clap:

Don't I know!

Well then, I would say that if you ever come to Ireland, you should avail of our public transport system.

Well then, I would say that if you ever come to Ireland, you should avail of our public transport system.

I think it would be safest to ride around on a donkey which is wearing rollerskates.

strangely there's no snow in my area, which is pretty disappointing. it's just cold here. i can't go skiing without spending extreme high amounts of money in travelling to larger ski areas. :shifty:

There's snow in Ohio, we got a big storm in the about a week ago, and its all still sittin around, making driving trechearous and whatnot.