Sign in to follow this  
b0b

fear : of other games..

mmm.

Alien Resurrection on the PS scared the living crap out of me.. Waking up in a cell as an unarmed and completely vulnerable Ripley, and swaying through dark corridors listening to an computer voicing portents of doom..

that was creepy.

Alone in the dark also, Silent Hill obligatorily (if that's a real word)..

Resident Evil, w00! The bit right at the start when the zombie dog mutant crashes through the window and leaps, snarling, for your throat.. aaaah.

Anyway, those games scared me, lots.. Surely I will not survive the new Call of Cthulu title.. Maybe I should play it, die, and become the first person to posthumously sue a games company..

:eek:

The first time I played teh (sic) original DOOM sixty-five years ago when I was very wee, I didn't have a soundblaster. I thought the game was cool, if a little boring (I would get into Duke Nukem 3D a lot more shortly thereafter)... and then one day, I turned it on on my uncle's computer that had a soundblaster and was scared shitless during the demo that played in the background behind the main menu.... I very distinctly remember the screams and shotgun blasts and noise... I don't think I've played the game on a soundblasterful machine ever afterwards...

'Scary' games and movies bore me, though.

'Scary' games and movies bore me, though.

Yeah but if the scare factor is merely /part/ of a good game - like doom - then its a really good extra factor. Plus the whole point of HP Lovecrat is to wet yourself and run away... the character will spack out and fail to aim properly forcing the player to play a character who is scared and going insane rather than trying to force them to feel scared.... anyways hopefully that is also combined with a good game ¬

Yeah but if the scare factor is merely /part/ of a good game - like doom - then its a really good extra factor. Plus the whole point of HP Lovecrat is to wet yourself and run away... the character will spack out and fail to aim properly forcing the player to play a character who is scared and going insane rather than trying to force them to feel scared.... anyways hopefully that is also combined with a good game ¬

Well, let me paraphrase: gratuitously scary movies/games don't impress me.

I really liked Clive Barker's: Undying. It wasn't a game that pandered to the whole cheap 'BOO!' technique as favoured by resident evil. In fact, it wasn't really scarey, but after a while, the atmosphere just started to get to me and i'd begin to get crap at aiming and get sweaty hands and have to stop for a bit.

Also there were some absolutely spectacular weapons. The one where you could get people to kill themselves? fucking genius.

Ok then fine, on a serious note I have to say that System Shock 2 was pretty scary.

That game is winnar

Ok then fine, on a serious note I have to say that System Shock 2 was pretty scary.

That game is winnar

I agree with that, SS2 was damn scary.

BTW your avatar rocks!

I agree with that, SS2 was damn scary.

BTW your avatar rocks!

Cheers dude! :D

When returning home to get sleep after a night of ginger indulgences, i was phoned up and asked if i was willing to step up and be counted as a man. So i went to move a shed, victory was ours, how couldn’t it be Spaff’s dad had a stick. We then went and celebrated our victory, over the shed's desire to impede the future, with a spiritual walk in a field of green herbs. Spaff and nick then lanned SS2 and i proceeded to fall the way of the white death while watching the game. While lying on floor shivering wondering if i still had a tongue or if I just couldn't feel it i heard the screams of SS2 in the background. Scared the mother fucking shit out of me and intensified whole experienc. Which shows it’s great. Maybe i got what i deserved for coercing that shed to my will, u listening "dubya"