Sign in to follow this  
Nick

C&C Music

Y'now sometimes you just have to listen to your Command & Conquer soundtrack MP3s and remenis about how damn good they are.

Superb music that game had. Suboib.

I'm a mechanical I'm a mechanical I'm a mechanical man.

You know I swear there's micheal jackson in that tune :shifty:

My mistake, it's not the mechanical man tune that has the MJ sample, it's a different tune.

It's number 28 in my list but I don't know how much that helps you to determine which one it is. It's pretty obvious when you hear it though.

Yeah that soundtrack was pretty much a work of genius. I would venture to say the gameplay wouldn't be the same without it.

I was extremely fond of the C&C Thang, Mechanical Man and Just Do It because at the time it was still rare to have vocal samples in the soundtrack.

http://www.frankklepacki.com <- Westwood's composer. Almost all C&C tracks.

Fight! Win! Prevail!

Two thumbs up for that link, this takes me back! I never was too keen on the music in the rest of the series though, even though its done by the same guy. Odd.

I think one of the reasons this music is so well remembered was that you could actually access and edit the playlist from the options menu. With a few exceptions, thats not something you can even do on most games nowadays. Wish you could though.

Two thumbs up for that link, this takes me back! I never was too keen on the music in the rest of the series though, even though its done by the same guy. Odd.
I really agree with you. It's hard to say why I didn't like the later stuff though.

Remember in the blade runner game some guy was listening to mechanical man on the raadio ;) that was a cool 'easter egg'

Ah, love all those tracks. love 'em :D Yeah, the first game stood out for me due to the playslist thing and the cool samples. My dad even used to record a lot of his games' tracks onto tape and play them in the car (much to my mum's dismay and my delight!), though he liked the less 'heavy' ones. I think there was a more moody one called canyon chase?

just listening to hell march! brings back my first C&C memories! what a bloody awesome song!

anyway i can actually d/l these songs, or am i forced to just listen to em off the website?

SiN

I was only thinking of "hell march", I had no idea the composer (I didnt even knew his name) had done so much great tracks in so many classic games !

Thanks A LOT for the link !! :kiss:

Hail Franck Klepacki ! :tup:

just listening to hell march! brings back my first C&C memories! what a bloody awesome song!

anyway i can actually d/l these songs, or am i forced to just listen to em off the website?

SiN

I think for copyright reasons you can't download them off his site, but I'm sure you can find downloads elsewhere.