Nick

Scrapyard HL2 Mod

Just been playing this scrapyard mod for HL2 and it's brilliant. Basically you have a big square map with lots of dispencers around the edge that each dispence a certain object, like tables and gas cannisters.

You also have an extra weapon which you can use to stick things together. The stuff we made today was great... A few barrels stuck together like a raft, a wooden beam on each end with wheels on either side kept on by sticking tables to the ends. A few gas cannisters on each side then shoot the tops off the gas cannisters and away you go!

I can see this leading to some great mods. I'll post the link if I can be bothered to look for it.

More evidence that the Katamari Damacy HL2 mod needs to be made.

The Master List of Idle Thumbs Saviors:

• Grim Fandango
  • Beyond Good and Evil
  • ICO
  • Katamari Damacy

Am I forgetting anything?

Just the Lord of lords, Psychonauts. Geez. How can you omit unproven, unbridled, infinite potential?

And also Façade.

More evidence that the Katamari Damacy HL2 mod needs to be made.

It will probably be the closest Europe would ever get to play it.... :shifty:

Façade? Really? I haven't seen anyone even mention it since that article on AGs a long time ago. I thought it had fallen into oblivion.

they're advertising for a sound designer on gtxa. frankly, I think the sound design should have been done earlier, given that they're trying to target emotions and stuff like that.

i was going to suggest this as a comment to that post, but the comment form is broken or summat. a seinfeld-ish approach, with bits of context-aware riffs at the boundaries of each of their 'story beats' (you know what i mean if you've read any of their literature) would work well, I think.

dammit I want to play katamari damacy.

cunts.

You also have an extra weapon which you can use to stick things together. The stuff we made today was great... A few barrels stuck together like a raft, a wooden beam on each end with wheels on either side kept on by sticking tables to the ends. A few gas cannisters on each side then shoot the tops off the gas cannisters and away you go!

Where the hell is that "glue gun"? Or maybe I downloaded the wrong thing? HL2DM map "scrapyard"...