JimmyTheFish

Sam and Max Download on Gamespot

Just so you guys know, there is a Sam and Max Freelance Police download on the front page of Gamespot. I'm not to sure what it is, seeing that the download is taking 8 YEARS but the description says CNET_2004_HOLIDAY_MOVIE_.part1.

I got mildly freaked out this morning when I got this GameSpot notification in my mailbox:

Download - Sam & Max Freelance Police

Keep four parts in same folder, then un-rar part 1.

I figured it was just a weird database association and chose to ignore it.

So it's probably some huge compilation movie with a bit of Sam & Max?

Well, the file is giving me errors, so I don't have any clue what it is. If anyone else can dl it and tell me what I'm missing, I would appreciate it.

ha haaa :grin: - it is indeed part one of four. But if you take the adress of the first one: http://www.gamespot.com/cgi/chkpt.php?s=6114760&c=file_ftp_914937&site=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.gamespot.com%2Fd4%2Ffree%2Fadventure%2Fsamandmaxfreelancepolice%2FCNET_2004_Holiday_Movie.part1.rar

and then just exchange the part -1- with 2... and 3... and 4... then you'll get all 4 parts......

I have no idea what it is as there is 3 more gb to download... but we'll see....

It's a 4 gig Quicktime movie of Wolfgang Kierdorf wearing large white bunny ears and doing the David Brent disco dance.

Well, I'm not gonna do a 4 gig download until I know what the hell it is.

yeah, same ... and i have a decent excuse too ... ive got a bandwidth cap here at university. but u cant help but wonder what the hell they could stuff into a 4gig video ...

SiN

Hell I'm doing for you guys.... (in that way I'm a bit like jesus)..

I'll tell you the results later .. hihoo, by powers

I bet it's actually Daikatana. It's Romero's sneaky little way of making you download his stuff.

Soooo, anybody taken the bullet for the rest of us and found out what this is yet?

Yeah, I'd say it's misfiled. It seems like some kind of internal CNET "happy Christmas" movie. It's 4.74GB, 22 minutes long and ends with some dudes wishing everyone a "happy holiday party".

Man, it feels quite sad that nobody else has downloaded this before me. :~

This is the highlight:

chirstmas.jpg

I tried, but only got 170-220 MB of the first until it stopped and acted like the download was complete, so I gave up. Also, I can't find it anywhere on GameSpot's main page or under the S&M2 section, only the direct link works.

I downloaded the first part but I so lazy that I haven't bothered to delete it yet.