Sign in to follow this  
Kolzig

John Romero releases some Daikatana magic

The other of the Johns, yes the crazy guy with the romanian wife, has opened up a page that tells the history of Ion Storm and Daikatana with Johns words.

He also released the Gameboy Color version of Daikatana in rom files, the game was never released to the markets. (This gbc game is actually pretty good)

And he also released Daikatana alpha of the pc version. :gaming:

http://rome.ro/games_daikatana.htm

Here's a piece of creepy and interesting information: As most of you know, my website domain is Romanian (.RO) - I got this domain long before I met my wife, who is Romanian and I met her while she lived in Bucharest, Romania. My name "John" in Romanian is "Ion". My wife lives on a major street named "Ion Mihalache". Raluca's sister Ruxandra's middle name is Ionana, which is the feminine form of John. And how do you explain ROMero and ROMania? Muahahahaha!

And now we know......it's really JOHN STORM!

Sometimes I wonder what it's like to work for Romero. I kind of imagine him to be a David Brent type character.

Here's a piece of creepy and interesting information: As most of you know, my website domain is Romanian (.RO) - I got this domain long before I met my wife, who is Romanian and I met her while she lived in Bucharest, Romania. My name "John" in Romanian is "Ion". My wife lives on a major street named "Ion Mihalache". Raluca's sister Ruxandra's middle name is Ionana, which is the feminine form of John. And how do you explain ROMero and ROMania? Muahahahaha! and now we know......it's really JOHN STORM!

i hate him.

Nice picture, but which one is John???

Hahaha, I'm only kidding. It's the guy with the beard, right?

Whoa, Jesus Christ, she's lost a lot of weight since she started dating him. Or is it my imagination???

That is an awful picture.

Contrast the sleazy, satisfied guy on the left and the kind of dead-eyed, emotionless, almost comatose girl on the right.

You can really tell who wants to be there the least.

Also: Dammit, Romero, button up your shirt.

When you look at that picture, think of this; those two have had sex (probably).

Ew.

It's especially worse when you think of them having the same expressions as they do in that photo.

Also: Dammit, Romero, button up your shirt.

I doubt he can somehow. I mean, the next button down is almost popping off as it is. And yeah, I expect she has lost weight. It's hard to imagine a girl not getting thinner with him heaving up and down on top of her. Well, hard to imagine her not getting flatter anyway...

Man, way to take it a STEP TOO FAR, MetalMickey. It WAS just friendly banter, but now you've gone and turned it into a bitching session like the Girls in the Cloakroom at Lunchtime. They say hurtful things about people, too. Things like, "blah blah blah she's a freak blah blah blah". Not that I care, but if I did, it would make me hide in the toilet cubicles and cry all day as I tried to run away from the cruel, unrelentingly evil tongues of my peers.

Not that that even happens. Anyway, Mr John Romero, if you ever read this; I do not think you are ugly. I think you're hot. By the way, I'm a couple of weeks younger than Ralena or Ralenka or whatever, so if and when things don't work out for you two... as soon as I'm finished high school, I'd love to meet you! You sound like a guy with a lot to give me.

Meh, so I'm envious :\ The dude has a castle... with indoor rain!!! ...or was that Richard Garriot? Anyway, when you've succesfully stolen yourself the rich American, I guess that'll leave the delectable Raluca lonely and single... :shifty:

Meh, so I'm envious :\ The dude has a castle... with indoor rain!!! ...or was that Richard Garriot?

That's his lordship Garriot.

Romero lived in a mansion, although I seem to recall hearing that his ex-wife got it in their separation.

Now he lives in a trailer of love.

or something.

You guys are assholes!

Mr Romero? :innocent:

I guess that'll leave the delectable Raluca lonely and single...

And in need of a green card!!!

Okay, in defence of the whole John/Rowena thing, maybe they're in love. I doubt it somehow, but maybe they are. I mean, look at her. She's wearing glasses. She's obviously smart. She realizes that by marrying John, she's getting lots of money and a house in San Diego. While he's trying to convince people that diakatana was a good game, she can be spending his money and basking in sunshine. All she has to do it smile in some photos, and occasionally have sex with him. So I ask you, WHO IS USING WHO? Is she taking advantage of his simple male desire for sex with young women? Probably yes.

so to get back on topic :) ...

i was gonna post something about this but it looks like i was beat to it. i stumbled upon the alpha by some fluke of excessive net surfing, and i downloaded it to see what it was like ... am i the only one who thinks its a bit good? i quite liked the alpha in terms of level geometry. if two months in the game looked like that, id say it would have been a pretty awesome game if it was on schedule.

any1 share my opinion?

SiN

Romero kind of looks like that sad, fat magician guy who abuses his emaciated cronie...maybe there marriage is a similar set-up.

Really though, lay off of the wife just because she isn't mugging for the camera, big stupid smiles for no reason bother me. I prefer the fish eye.

Whoa, Jesus Christ, she's lost a lot of weight since she started dating him. Or is it my imagination???

He's probably eating her.