Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Top Gear

Just curious, do any of you brits watch it? I'm somehow compelled to watch it religiously. I've been doing a lot of work during the evenings lately so I usually go to bed around 1 am when the rerun is on. I don't really care much at all for cars, but Top Gear is amazing! It's such a humorous show with so many fun features. (It's kind of the Idle Thumbs for cars, really. :shifty::shifty::shifty: Except they "update" every week. :fart:)

Yeah - I watch Top Gear. I think it is TV making at it's finest. 3 Blokes talking about cars, occasionally breaking stuff - yet it is somehow more than the sum of it's parts.

Any programme that lets a blind man drive around a test track as fast as he can deserves a big :tup:

Actually I do. I never mean to, it's just that I decide to see whats on at that time of night. You're right, it is strangely entertaining. They have perfected the magazine format and seem to think up an endless stream of features to stop non car-nuts from getting bored.

Actually I do. I never mean to, it's just that I decide to see whats on at that time of night. You're right, it is strangely entertaining. They have perfected the magazine format and seem to think up an endless stream of features to stop non car-nuts from getting bored.

Yeah, I'm exactly the same. I've been getting bored at the 'restoration' section and turning it off recently, which is just as well as the programme finishes quite late!

Anyone catch it the other week with some guy saying he learnt Nurburgring on "some Xbox game"? Project Gotham Racing 2, man. OH GOD, IT'S SO HARD.

Last night they had a great feature where they each bought a Porsche for under £1500 - Jeremy's was impressive for the money, except it kept breaking down and trailed water, petrol and an enormous cloud of black smoke wherever it went. Best!

I'm sorta into cars so I always watch it.

somehow vaguely anarchic while playing about with 100000 euro hunks of metal

I watch it whenever it's on here. I'm not into cars at all, but yeah, it is often strangely compelling.

I used to watch tons of it, but I haven't seen it in a few years. I love how simultaneously goofy and hardcore the drivers are (or, I assume still are, anyway). It's bizarre that it's entertaining even when they're driving around a Fiat Shitbox LS, but then when they bring out the ridiculous supercars it's entertainment overload.

I used to watch tons of it, but I haven't seen it in a few years. .

They do more crazy stuff now. Like playing conkers with caravan trailers on cranes. Oh yes.

I have somewhat of a repuklsion to cars because two of the family are nuts about them. But still I really enjoy watching Top Gear when it's on (I never really look out for it, but I'll sit down to watch when my little brother sees it). I love the British sense of teasing sarcasm, their dry voices. I believe it's that Jeremy Whatshisname who hosts it. Top Gear is pure British comedy.

Wow, I didn't expect this kind of universal acknowledgement. :grin: I wasn't aware it's broadcasted in the US too.

Any programme that lets a blind man drive around a test track as fast as he can deserves a big :tup:
Yeah, no shit, that was hilarious!

My favorite bit of this season, for a reason that should be obvious, was when they reviewed one of the Spyker models and the guy kept going like "oh man those crazy Dutch!" and "look at this, it's insane! only the Dutch could have made this!" and just kept connecting features of the car to the stereotypical Dutch mentality that had to have given birth to them.

Top Gear was replaced by some retarded Irish show over here. Gearz or something. Twilo might know.

They do more crazy stuff now. Like playing conkers with caravan trailers on cranes. Oh yes.

Best... Show... Ever... :D

yeah it's brilliant but the guys running it changed so it's really nothing like it was a few years ago, now it's just the awesome, entertaining jeremy clarkson show... i love it ;)