Sign in to follow this  
Erkki

Tremors and stupid TV channels

After playing Half-Life 2 I got the urge to watch Tremors again. Couldn't find it in the nearest video rental, but then I discovered one of the local TV channels let people choose which movie to play on Sunday afternoon: Tremors or some stupid sci-fi crap. Thankfully, the people chose wisely.

Now I just saw an ad that this week the choise is going to be between Tremors 2 and some stupid sci-fi crap. Voting is open until the movie starts. Great, now I'll have to plan watching TV at that time, but I'll never actually know if it's on or not.

Tremors 2 is not that good, though. Something is missing in those sequels, but the original was good fun.

Is there a third one? I was never sure.

Has anyone seen the series? I hear it's lame.

First film was excellent though.

Is there a third one? I was never sure.

Has anyone seen the series? I hear it's lame.

First film was excellent though.

There is a third movie, it sucks. Actually, there was also a 4th movie that's a prequel to the first movie, from what I saw, that also sucked. The tv series sucks as well. I enjoyed the first movie but everything after that sucked.

Have you heard about these cool new VCR machines?
I've never bothered to learn the timing function :)

Hmm... i could also make my computer "tape it", my capture card shows that particular channel, but the software has expired and displays a jolly roger in the middle of the screen :bac0n:

Tremors is a classic, obviously. Tremors 2 and 3 are superb sequels, amongst the best sequels ever (not a high accolade, admittedly). They connect with the first movie without carbon-copying it, they're funny and exciting. And they elevate Burt Gummer to near-Ash status.

Tremors 4 was awful, though. Haven't seen the series, although apparently there's a Christopher Lloyd cameo, which is good enough for me.

The trilogy is also good for drinking games, btw. Can't remember the rules now, but basically, everyone drinks a certain amount whenever a graboid is killed or whatever. I prefer that simple kind of movie drinking-game, where everyone does the same thing at the same time. None of that pick-a-character crap.

yay! the people chose Tremors again. But I have to tape it cause i have an errand to run.

I think Kevin Bacon was one thing that made the first movie good. Or maybe all the characters were better in the first one.

Have you heard about these cool new VCR machines?

No, I record TV by holding tracing paper up to the screen.

The second film was... suprisingly bearable. That's pretty high praise.

The second film was... suprisingly bearable. That's pretty high praise.

Yeah, just watched it. Wasn't as bad as I remembered. But still, some of the atmosphere from the first movie was missing. Or something. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Yeah, just watched it. Wasn't as bad as I remembered. But still, some of the atmosphere from the first movie was missing. Or something. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Maybe you're missing Kevin Bacon?

Maybe you're missing Kevin Bacon?

Ahem.

I think Kevin Bacon was one thing that made the first movie good. Or maybe all the characters were better in the first one.

Well yeah, but I think it's more than just him. Maybe that second part of the quote, but maybe something else too.