Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Half-Life 2 deathmatch has landed

Err I remember unfolding the first item on the list and thinking it was the stuttering bug? But I'm a laptop now unable to check for myself.

Hmm... maybe it's different for some people then. Well anyway, it updated HL2 (or was it Source engine?) and HL2DM today. I restarted Steam but still those updates are not listed.

Well, the stuttering is still there in my game, so I guess the patch hasn't come out yet. Steam did (automatically) install several patches, though.

--Erwin

Yeah a friend who has the stuttering bug didn't report any changes after that patch either.

No it definitely came out. It just didn't fix the stuttering. It may have improved it a bit on some systems though. And I think Nvidida users were not affected at all unless they manually change a configuration variable (don't remember the name).

The stuttering bug got fixed for me...kind of. Rather than the sound stuttering while the game continues, causing it to jerk, the game now pauses briefly (during which the sound stutters, but not for so long). A bit of a half-assed fix, but it is a slight improvement.

I have an ATI card.

Anyway, as long as the stuttering remains limited, and only after loading, I'm not really *that* bothered with it. It's a slight glitch.

--Erwin