Nick

Another riddle

Right.

A man is in an empty room with a rope tied around his foot, the other end isn't attached to anything. There's one window in the room and it's smashed and there's two inches of water on the floor.

The man reaches into his pocket, produces a box of matches and lights 3 of them.

Why?

A stupid motherfucker was surfing in the Everglades when the hurricane hit. He got separated from his surfing board and found an abandoned shack where he hid to burn off his leeches.

This is the best I can come up with at short notice. Why he had a box of matches in his swimming trunks is anyone's guess.

A) He was try to fix the leaky roof, and was going to tie himself but the rope wasn't secure enough, he fell, smashed through his own window before the know became undone, the water is from the rain... The power is out and he's going to light some candles...

B) He's a thief, he used a huge block of ice to break the window (hence the water), and a friend lowered him from above... And he prefers matches instead of flashlights?

C) He's a Morris dancer? :deranged:

D) He's getting ready for some very kinky sex! :naughty:

the whole house is burning.

the fire bepartment has smashed a window and is desperately trying to win the fight against the flames, but the man can't hear them, because he's sleeping, sleep-walking in his dream where he fights against anacondas in the rainforest, panicing because of the rope, which seems to be an anaconda for him.

the rope is attached to his foot, because he tried to commit suicide by jumping from a bridge, but wasn't able to find something heavy to put on the other end of the rope, so he went back to his flat, set fire (with the matches) in his empty sleeping-room and took sleeping pills to die in the flames and/or of a pill-overdose.

his room is empty, because he lost everything (expcept his empty sleeping room and the box of matches :naughty: - no wonder that he wasn't able to find something heavy...) in a bet including his will to live and decided to kill himself.

and so it's pretty easy to light 3 matches. :innocent:

'Cause he likes the smell of burning matches, just like me. Or because he likes the sound as they fizzle out on the water.

He lights 3 matches because a bunch of three is easier to handle than a single match, and his fingers are numb. He had to throw a chunk of ice through the window to get into this lodge, hence the water in the floor. For some weird reason he was tied to the ice by his foot.

But these types of riddle are stupid really, because there is obviously more than one way the scene could happen, not just the way the writer thought up. The question boils down to "What am I thinking?"

Well, the whole thing was made up anyway. I'm impressed at some of the answers that where given, but I made the whole thing up because as the holy hippy said, these riddles are gay.

Well, the whole thing was made up anyway. I'm impressed at some of the answers that where given, but I made the whole thing up because as the holy hippy said, these riddles are gay.
You know, that was my initial impression, I thought the thing was bogus, but I entertained it anyway.

He's in an empty room because the room is actually just a cardboard box and there's no room for anything else in it. It's sitting in the middle of a field in the evening as the clouds roll in and it's raining. Pollution and filth is soaking through the box, his unkempt, matted hair, through his greasy skin, and right down to his twisted and hobbled bones. A thin shaft of moonlight pierces the blackness of his den, spearing the edges of his confines through the small window he had punched through the side.

The rope was an old rope. Old, but thick, and had spent many years tying him to the post in a schoolyard out in the badlands where nobody goes. The worn stumps of his 3 remaining teeth bear grim testament to the man's determination to free himself yet, for some reason, he cannot bring himself to rid himself of this last remnant. Lost now, and in a world utterly decayed, the vestigial piece of rope remains his only link to memories past. And yet, even as the weeks go by it frays on as if, now rendered purposeless by the madman's grim sacrifice, it now resigns itself to the inevitable decay it had put off for so long.

Fire, so bright and enchanting, so tantalising and magical; the first match dies even before he fully registers its birth. The second, a gift! So he was not dreaming. So pure and bright, ever the saviour to wake him from his reverie. Eager to preserve it's warmth and light, he places the second match on the ground, only to shriek and curse as the sodden floor of his cubicle puts it out in a breath. This time, the third, he holds on to the match with both hands, so tightly that he screams even as his own fingertips start to blister and the box fills with the acrid stench of burning flesh, dirt, and nail. The blisters pop and the flame is extinguished. It will be several days before he can bring himself to light another match.

...oh! Waitaminute, am I late? :hmph::innocent:

He's in a student short film, set to the soundtrack of Requiem For a Dream.

Get with it, Chris. This thread is so yesterday. Also, didn't you say you were gonna upload something like that, about... a year ago?

Also, didn't you say you were gonna upload something like that, about... a year ago?

What?

Also, didn't you say you were gonna upload something like that, about... a year ago?
What?