Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

Old AG

I was just thinking back a couple years to when I was glued to the Adventure Gamers forum pretty much night and day, and I realized that I still have some quotes from back then. I think I saved them because I was using them in my sig for a time, until Stinger told me it was getting a little long. Anyway, here they are.

"D***it Moos, YOU ARE TOO FAST" - Marek [i can't remember if I censored the quote or it Marek did. Somehow I'm guessing it was me as I used to be concerned about that type of thing.]

"My God! You reply quick............. " - Curt

"With Moos around, I can't even edit a post ONE MINUTE after I've made it." - Marek

"FOUR F***IN' MINUTES, MOOS? You are insane, like a manatee!" - twifkak [same goes for this one.]

"Gee! you're fast! I couldnt even correct the typo!" - Jaf

"Jees, that was fast Moosferatu" - Marek

"Stop it Moos, you're too darn quick." - Curt

"You'll become a legend in your own right, Moos." - Curt

"Moos, I think you've just assured your place in the AG Hall Of Fame." - Curt

"Moos, is it dark up there?" - Curt

"Firstly, I think we should make distracting Moos an integral part of our strategy." - Marek

"Moos: Don't worry. I know you're too nice to offend anyone." - Mira

"You, my dear sir, should stay clear of cats and find yourself a healthy non-computer-addicted girlfriend to ply you off the damn thing once in a while... It is not healthy." - Kingz

"The recluse's recluse - we all know that we're all introverted here. We are friends that have never seen each other - we hide behind a machine. We pretend that we're cool by quoting pop culture trash (such as mediocre white rappers and WWF clowns), or Shakespeare as our icons. We exchange pictures of our shabby cats. We have cutsy and cynical signatures. But you, my dear sir, you answer posts in ONE minute! You really should be crowned king." - Kingz

I wish I had more, and some that aren't about me. Does anyone else have any good stuff to share?

BTW, Stinger's leaving AG, Moos.

Really? Why? Where's he going? I just checked the site, and saw that there is an announcement about it, but I can't get the page to load in Firefox or IE.

I just remembered that running match joke we had. That was awesome. heh, not to mention how it took me the longest time to figure out what in the world Curt was talking about. Man, was I ever innocent back then. :innocent:

I just remembered that running match joke we had. That was awesome. heh, not to mention how it took me the longest time to figure out what in the world Curt was talking about. Man, was I ever innocent back then. :innocent:

Haha, yeah, that's basically the only thing I remember from (AG) back then. Pretty funny.

Marek had been making a few announcements about new features in the forums and I would, naturally, be the first to respond telling him how great of job he's doing, how wonderful the new feature is, etc. Either the second or thrid time I did this, Curt responded with that quote. He was saying that I had my head up Marek's ass, that I was sucking up to him. It probably took me a good week or so to get that figured out.

ha! Remember the old suggestion box? That thing was great. I must have made at least 20 suggestions. Then when Stinger was going through them all Jaf was somehow able to pick out the ones I had made. :shifty:

So are the idle thumbs forums basically a tenth anniversery reunion of the AG forums, because that's what it seems like (but wouldn't know since /me is AG forum n00b)

Nah, the runoffs ended up here. :shifty:
Running from Evan... now that he's gone, maybe it's time we go back...

Naaaaah....

:innocent:

Er, why is this discussion being had in Thumbs? I mean, it doesn't really matter that much, but it's really only making Thumbs more of a weird exclusive in-joke riddled safehaven for old AGers.

(That said, whatever happened to Curt(/Meg)?

Last I heard of Twifkak, he was lamenting his life being run by and around web forums. He didn't like that, so he stopped coming. Last I heard from him was this May when I asked him what he thought about my How to steal cars, kill people and blame it on the game article.