Sign in to follow this  
netmonkey

World of WarCraft®

Anyone playing the game? I got a ten-day pass from one of my core-gaming buddies who bought the "GhettoBoy™ Boxset" version of the game, and I've been trying to make the most out of the pass as much as I can.

It's fun! Also, I feel like my life is being sucked away, but I have no class for now, but I have projects and shit to do. Hmm. :mrt:

May we still call you Trep? Do we have to include a disclaimer?

PS. What's the gameplay of WoW like?

I and a few others were playing the beta. Now we've pre-ordered it so we can get onto the european beta.

As you might have guessed we don't live in America so none of us are actually playing it right now. But we will be.

Good game, good game.

Shame there's so much hassle involved with UK pre-order to get onto the beta and the collectors edition. I don't want to have to buy two copies of the game :frusty:

P.S.

You people are disgracefull! Someone starts a thread and you go off topic faster than an... off topic machine :shifty:

This is the first MMORPG I ever play. Well, in 3D that is, so it's quite a great experience for me. I wouldn't be able to compare it to UO or EverQuest, though.

The only thing I dislike is that for every server you need a character, so every time you switch servers you have to start all over, and for every class it's pretty much the same process and quests except for different stories and settings (how clever). I've mostly played as horde, though, so maybe alliance is compleltely different. My friends also chose the busiest server ever, so it was just cramping up for the first days, but now it seems to work fine.

Right now I'm level 7 1/2, so I'm still very young.

I WANT TO PLAY WOW

i miss it

i must wait until the euro beta.... i can do it, i can remain calm.

I played a 10 day trial. Its a fun game. Way better then SWG.

But the one thing in my opinion about MMOs is that after a lot of people start to max out the game stops being fun for everyone. I played SWG for a while stopped and came back when speeders showed up on the scene and no one just wanted to hunt everyone was about only grouping with other high lvl people. You cant have any fun playing by yourself and there are not many other new people so its dumb...yeah.

Well hopefully that silly behaviour isn't present on the roleplaying servers (a ridiculous notion of course since it's a roleplaying game to begin with, but apparantly it's necessary to keep a community in check that doesn't seem to have any integrity :shifty:).

I won't be getting World of Warcraft though. I haven't got internet at home anymore and I like it that way. So no online gaming for me!

You cant have any fun playing by yourself

i think you are missing the point :)

but seriosly they wil lexpand the world and make it more interesting.

you seen the onyx dragon isntance? 30 lvl 60 guys trying to take o na huge ass dragon and being owned. hahaha. oh dear. =/

also, SWG is ass.

I've been playing Final Fantasy XI quite a bit lately, and I think it's quite an interactive MMORPG, in that, no matter the level, people do still seem to help each other out, and there is still quite an abundance of new starters coming in all the time.

The only thing I would say for FFXI, is that whenever you're waiting to get "levelling", you can be hanging around for a while, so you have to entertain yourself sometimes.

I normally run around like a numpty, prolly annoying half the server as I go.

But yeah, I am really enjoying it. :D

I cannot wait to play WOW, looks awesome.

I'm just waiting for it to be released in Europe. I've already purchased a pre-order kit, but I'm not sure I'll be playing in the European final beta seeing as the characters will most likely be deleted when the game is launched here. (I've already played the US open beta, so I don't feel like starting all over again, knowing it'll be wasted)

ill be playing the euro beta ... ill be trying another character out to keep me amused before i go back to the undead warlock i started i nthe us beta.

i love wow :)

I've been playing Final Fantasy XI quite a bit lately

I played FFXI on and off for about a year. I started becoming tired with it months ago but it wasn't until I got into the WoW final beta that I was able to make the decision to stop playing FFXI for good

WoW beats FFXI on almost every front, on a technical level FFXI is really demanding in terms of hardware and still only looks like a PS2 game, WoW just looks... beautiful, even on a modest graphics card.

WoW seems to not suffer from any of the major grievances I had with FFXI, mainly the fact that it takes an absolute age to get anywhere, even trekking from your mog house to other parts of the city you start in is a complete chore. Juggling your inventory and equipment is time consuming and irritating due to the menu interface being designed around a PS2 controller.

Poncing around with linkshells and linkpearls to communicate with people was lame. In WoW you can just create a chat room IRC style.

It takes a long time before you see much more than your initial city and the surrounding low level areas, partly due to the fact that it takes sooo long to get anywhere and that you're not even allowed to ride a chocobo until level 20 (not to mention the frustratingly tedious quest you have to do to get that damned license) whereas in WoW you can fly off in airships to other continents really early on.

I often found myself logging in, trying to find a party and then logging out an hour later having acheived nothing.... crafting was horrible too, took me hours to catch my first fish. Even with my character at level 25 and having spent countless hours of fishing I was still only a level 3 amateur fisher, in WoW I was able to start catching fish, leathercrafting and cooking gaining proficiency in thos skillsl and making money within a few hours of making my character, MUCH more rewarding.

I could go on and on listing my grievances about that title, however I did actually enjoy the game quite a lot for a while, it was my first foray into the MMORPG World and it really did grab me. Whilst playing WoW there were a few things I missed about FFXI, for example in party battles there is a greater feeling of group co-ordination, a certain amount of fluidity and elegance. Saying that though, you do start desparing once you reach level 18+ and trek to Qufim Island full of expectation only to find yourself killing the same blasted landworms and crabs that you were killing at level 1 albeit with slightly different names.

The ongoing story was fairly intriguing, you would be greeted with various cutscenes throughout the game as you advance the plot by completing missions and uppping your conquest 'ranking'. You would often get a short cut-scene for completing a basic quest which was nice, as opposed to just a bit of text and the 'quest complete' audio sample you get in Wow. This all served to provide a slightly increased sense of immersion and involvement in the conquests within the world of Vana'diel which is something I'd like to see in WoW.

None of that was enough to keep me playing FFXI however, WoW is just so much more accessible, imediately rewarding and FUN than FFXI could ever be, I'm glad I played FFXI because it makes me appreciate just how well thought out WoW is having something to contrast it against. Am very much looking forward to the European release (and collector's edition will be available in Europe too, w00t!)