Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Animated series with dinosaurs circa 1980-1990?

C'mon you gotta help me with this. They had like ... huge heavily armored dinosaurs with rocket launchers and laser machines attached. There were two camps: the bad guys who kinda looked like dinosaurs and/or lizards themselves and who had the giant T-Rex with awesome fire power, and you had the humans who only had like some wussy raptors and triceratopses. The humans had much less firepower because they didn't want to saddle too much crap on top of those dinosaurs because humans were good and living in harmony with the planet and wouldn't mistreat these animals. It was awesome and even though they fought in every episode, no one ever won!!

So what's the name of the show? I really need to know, because this is important. Extra points for posting pictures.

Dino Riders

That was too easy.

Other great cartoon/toy franchises in the same vein included MASK, Centurions, and Visionaries (this is all post He-Man and Thundercats I think).

Yup, me and Spaff had the lot :innocent:

Dino Riders was cool, my cousin had a animated movie on vhs a long time ago.

I had a huge amount of Dino Riders toys back in the early/mid 90's.

DINO-RIDERS!! Thank you so much for digging that up.

Ah yes, Krulos, the Rulon ruler. What a guy!

Dino Riders is cool. I specifically remember an episode that taught me how treacherous and unpredictable an Evil Overlord can be. Krulos, sporting a watery dome to preserve his saliva-encovered body, had his glass helmet cracked and was dying. Near the end of the episode he was pleading to the good guys' healer woman to save his life. She restored his varia suit and then, in an unforseen and unthinkable turn of events, Krulos, now back to full strength, decided to abandon his promise to leave the dinoriders at peace and launched another massive attack! UNFORGETTABLE!

Flying dinosaurs didn't really appeal to me. I always was more of a 'GI-Joe' kid.
Oh man, GI-Joe. I had so many of the toys. I also created papier-mache landscapes for them to be in. It was awesome.

I was really proud of having the giant green vehicle where a smaller vehicle came out of, as well as gun turrets and two big missiles. It was so big! I couldn't find a picture of it on one of the many GI-Joe fan sites though. :(

I never quite got into the GI-Joes or the Masters of the Universe and Thundercats were never particularly popular in Yugoslavia, but I had my fill of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... in all, I was more of a LEGO kid.

Yeah, GI Joe toys, comics and animated series were superb. I remember when Sky channel was still showing in my area and they aired GI Joe and Transformers.

Those were great times.

I never quite got into the GI-Joes or the Masters of the Universe and Thundercats were never particularly popular in Yugoslavia, but I had my fill of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... in all, I was more of a LEGO kid.

Ditto. :) I still have boxes of old legos under my bed. GI-Joes were always asking for it. I made a habit of ripping them in half, unless they looked really cool - but anyone with a big stupid green gun was doomed. LEGOs still pwn me.

Oh yeah, I'm another LEGO guy. I just had a GI-Joe phase for a couple of years. I also had an A-Team minivan in which I put GI-Joes because I didn't have any A-Team action figures.

I still have photos of giant castles that I built with lego. My dad made me a huge table just for building LEGO worlds on. It was great. Once we made Paris together, with Eiffeltower and all. Though I prefered building castles on my own.

I thought we were talking about cartoons?

I still have a lot of LEGO, though. I particularly liked the city theme, I think it was called Lego Land tm or something. I built entire cities, on this huge table my dad made in the attic. I always wanted to have one of those electric LEGO trains too.

trains2.gif

Early 1980 train, which I always wanted as a kid.

Didn't care much for the space, technic and castle themes.

--Erwin

My parents didn't really buy me toys or watch much TV, so I kind of missed out on all the GI Joe, Transformers, Masters of the Universe, etc., business. They did get me Lego, though. I fucking loved Lego.

Anyone that doesn't like legos is a nazi, my cousin used to have a whole city of legos until some little kid came over to his house and destroyed most of it.

I mostly grew up with TMNT but I also liked Transformers and GI Joe. Then after those died out, I watched the X-men and Spiderman cartoons, those were pretty awesome.

We used to build whole Lego cities with my friends, at one friends house we had a city theme, at another friends house we had the castle theme, we build like five huge castles and stuff.

Anyone remember Playmobils?

Playmobil was lame, a worthless pretender to the Lego throne.

Playmobil was lame, a worthless pretender to the Lego throne.
Playmobil is LEGO for retarded and uncreative kids. You couldn't even assemble anything, everything came in one piece.

I used to build LEGO houses out of same-color bricks. I came to study graphic design. My friends built LEGO houses out of all sorts of bricks, which looked ugly, and now they're studying psychology. TRUE STORY.

My brother had an obsession with Lego models based on real-life things. Once he tried to make an accurate scale model of my father's car. I think we still have those metal plates he eventually used to replace some of the tricky bits.

But my weirdest Lego experience is from when I was around four years old. My brother and I were in this one supermarket where they had tables with boxes of legos - kids were supposed to play with them while their parents were shopping. With us sat two kids who built (and I still can't understand this) houses for prophets. I was supposed to build something myself, but I just stared and listened when those two kids talked about how their own house for the prophet was better than the other kid's house. It felt surreal.

And essentially those houses were pyramids.

Completely off topic, my cat was sitting next to the monitor when I loaded this page. Kingz's avatar was the first thing that popped up, and it completely captivated her. She rarely pays any attention to what's going on on the screen, but for some reason she found Kingz's avatar fascinating. Apparently she approves of your avatar, Kingz.

Playmobil is LEGO for retarded and uncreative kids. You couldn't even assemble anything, everything came in one piece.
That sounds like the Legos of today.