Marek

Half Life 2 First Impressions

Does anyone know of a way to play Half-Life without the internet? My on-ramp to the information superhighway has been hellishly clogged as of late with Steam refusing to log on more often than not.

Kingz,

Steam has an offline mode, but I think you may have to pull the plug (network, not power) to use it.

Steam has an offline mode, but I think you may have to pull the plug (network, not power) to use it.

yes, you can only go to offline mode when you are trying to log in but can't.

To anybody who has completed HL2:

Does Black Mesa appear at any point in the game, excluding the introduction?

This ain't really a first impression, but Deadworm reminded me... a pity about Judith Mossman, I kinda liked her. Who wudda thunk it?
That bitch isn't letting me go down the elevator! :frusty:

Hrm, Black Mesa East? I was planning on doing a hl2dm map based around Black Mesa in HL2's timeline, and was just wondering what kind of role it had in HL2. Was it destroyed, occupied, what? Do you find out? :|

That's the missing texture placeholder. I've had it a couple of times even on official CS:S maps, but if it happens every time then the mamaker has screwed it up somehow.

Hrm, Black Mesa East? I was planning on doing a hl2dm map based around Black Mesa in HL2's timeline, and was just wondering what kind of role it had in HL2. Was it destroyed, occupied, what? Do you find out? :|

Black Mesa East has nothing to do with Black Mesa from HL1... it's never even mentioned. I'd like to know what's there at this point (probably nothing but who knows). Maybe we'll find out in HL3.

Black Mesa East has nothing to do with Black Mesa from HL1... it's never even mentioned. I'd like to know what's there at this point (probably nothing but who knows). Maybe we'll find out in HL3.

If you look at the newspaper cuttings in Eli's lab, supposedly one of them shows an ariel photo of Black Mesa, with a huge crater at its centre (didn't Shepherd nuke it?)

I like your idea though; a spooky "Return to Black Mesa" would be great.

If you look at the newspaper cuttings in Eli's lab, supposedly one of them shows an ariel photo of Black Mesa, with a huge crater at its centre (didn't Shepherd nuke it?)
He stopped the forces more elite than thou from nuking it.

The whole objective of most of Opposing Force is to find and disable "the package" i.e. the nuke. I just replayed it last week so it's fresh in my mind.

It probably would have been better if he had let them nuke it though.

What was with those Black Ops (the guys with the nuke), anyway? Who were they working for, considering they shot military personell on sight?

The whole objective of most of Opposing Force is to find and disable "the package" i.e. the nuke. I just replayed it last week so it's fresh in my mind.

Hee, what the hell? This really shows how much attention I pay to FPS storylines. :shifty:

I just remember killing a big alien dude at the end. And having fun doing it.