Marek

Half Life 2 First Impressions

Grav gun seems to affect the antlions, but that is pretty much that...

keep playing :)

keep playing :)

I am taking my merry time, replaying certain parts several times to get the most health out of any situation... which isn't all that important as health is littered all over the place...

Having finished that part, I wasn't bothered by Ravenholm --

I was bothered by its name, but that is pretty much it. Alanyxisasjihre says they don't go there. Maybe they don't go there because they can't stand killing so many of their compatriots just so as to clean up the place. Also the priest guy seems to be a Catholic priest. What the hell is a catholic priest doing somewhere in Russia? Then again, what are all these Americans doing there?

About the whole what is going on so far question:

Was Gordon inside Zen during the Seven Hour War and then some? Why doesn't he remember the war? If he just appeared in the train while it was coming to the station, how come everyone expected him? How much time passed between Black Messa and City 17? Whereas in Half-Life he was observing him, in HL2 G-Man seems to be going a wee bit ahead and preparing the road for him... why?

I think the reason why Gordon doesn't remember is because he wasn't on Earth when the war happened, I think we're lead to believe that Gordon has been "in ice" for about 15 years or so.

I don't think it matters if he was "on Earth" or not, but Gordon was definitely gone for a few years. As to why people know he's coming back? ... Shhhh.

which isn't all that important as health is littered all over the place...

If only real life were such.

Blow me, darling.

has anyone heard of this rumor

gman is gordon from the future

i dont know how people are making this assumption but the way some people are explaining it, it does make some sence. i'm still a skeptic. were just guna have to wait untill number 3

You guys realize that you don't even have to highlight the spoiler to know what it says. :mock:

What? How's that?

I'll put this here instead of opening yet another HL 2 thread...

Argh!!! :frusty:

I was going to get the HL 2 CE from VU, but now all of the sudden the extras seem not too much compared to the Valve Gold edition....

But the shipping is murder to Spain....

:erm:

I would have the right to download it directly and in case I lose the file I can download it again, right?...

Of course, the first thing I have to do is ask my sister is she has already gotten me my copy...

BTW, has anyone dissed it yet? If nobody says HL 2 sucks soon, it would make it the best game EVER!

Okay. The save game system in HL2 sucks bigtime.

I went back to a previously completed area to show a friend some cool scenery. I let him play for a bit too, and guess what? -My newer save games are all overwritten with some automatic savegame levels of the areas I already completed.

Fuck that.

--Erwin

Okay. The save game system in HL2 sucks bigtime.

I went back to a previously completed area to show a friend some cool scenery. I let him play for a bit too, and guess what? -My newer save games are all overwritten with some automatic savegame levels of the areas I already completed.

Fuck that.

Why are people so adamant about finding fault in the game? Of course your quicksaves and checkpoint saves will be over-written, it was the same in the first half-life.

Erwin :tdown:

HL2 gives you TWO quicksaves (and 2 autosaves?). Other games give you just one. How is this worse?

EDIT: Damn you, Mar-ek.

Marek said that anyone who dislikes HL2 is a pessimist and would most likely end up as a serial rapist. His description was a lot more fluent and colourful, though.

Because I desperately and unsuccesfully try to please everyone, I will say that Half-Life 2 is my Personal Jesus and a brilliant game, all round. Even the story that is completely crappy and uninteresting and mundane and pointless is awesome. And the characters are really something. And the nonexistent adventure elements really shine!

*rapes Marek*

marek is telling the truth, my next door nabor said he hated it, i just found out that he's in jail or rapping 4 puppys.

and how the hell do you get those thumbs up/thumbs down thingys....?

HL2 gives you TWO quicksaves (and 2 autosaves?). Other games give you just one. How is this worse?

I don't care about the amount of slots, I'm complaining about HL2 automatically saving my games!

--Erwin

Why are people so adamant about finding fault in the game? Of course your quicksaves and checkpoint saves will be over-written, it was the same in the first half-life.

Hmmm, can't really remember (everything that happened before 2000 is a bit fuzzy in my head), but that'd be even worse! They're not learning from their mistakes!

--Erwin

Marek said that anyone who dislikes HL2 is a pessimist and would most likely end up as a serial rapist. His description was a lot more fluent and colourful, though.

I can see the headlines now:

Serial Rapist Caught, Blames His Depression And Acts Of Crime On Popular Computer Game Half-Life 2.

Senator Lieberman Lobbies For video games To Be All Things To Everyone As Preventative Measure.

Record Number Of Soccer Moms Seek Psychiatric Help Following Their Concerns Over Whether video games Will Appeal To Everyone.

Because I desperately and unsuccesfully try to please everyone, I will say that Half-Life 2 is my Personal Jesus and a brilliant game, all round. Even the story that is completely crappy and uninteresting and mundane and pointless is awesome. And the characters are really something. And the nonexistent adventure elements really shine!
*rapes Marek*

I take it you didn't like HL2, and that you think the glass is half-empty.

...... ;( < locks his doors and hides in the basement >

i bought the special edition for 80 USD which came with a mine book. the book contains segments from the strategy guide and the above book you mentioned. from what i have seen in the mini book the artwork alone is enough to get it, it also fills you in on somethings but not allot. I'm going to get it, i just don't know when.

I don't care about the amount of slots, I'm complaining about HL2 automatically saving my games!

The autosaves get overwritten. You should save manually if you need to.

Damnit Moos, I can't edit a post just one minu... oh, it's deadworm! :fart:

I hate those little "Edited by" tags at the bottom if the post is the last one in a thread anyway, so I was going to repost. But then I got distracted and forgot about it.