Sign in to follow this  
mugfins

This Transformers game

I've been Optimus Prime for Halloween the past 13 years in a row. I was thinking I would enjoy this game. Has anyone played it or maybe even just seen someone else play it? I think idle thumbs should do a review on this game so I know whether to spend my allowance on it or not.

if you like the new Transformers generation then it's ok. It's using that mini con story line which i personally find a bit ¬ shifty

The game play is pure action, imagine GTA where instead of being bored walking around on foot and you search around until you find a good enough car / bike, instead you just press the button and turn into one and wooooo drive around running over decepticons. weeeee I'm Optimis mother fucking Prime!!!!!!

some of the people I know that played it said it was pretty challenging, a bit samey but mostly ok... I'd probably try and get a go on it if i were you :)

Also, Being Optimus Prime for 13 years in a row scares me.. show me photographic evidence :)

I think he's lying and youve bought into it. He does have a very nice suit that he wore to work once. A regular one, with a suit jacket. Not an Optimus Prime suit.

Okay okay...so I wasn't really Optimus Prime for 13 years in a row. But I did have the Optimus Prime toy and it was really kick ass. I also had some of the original metal transformer jets, before they were all made into plastic.

I forgot the game is based on this new Transformers...I've never seen it and would probably hate it. Maybe I'll rent the game first.

Mini cons, pfffft

At leats he's not a fucking fire engine in this. I ran away when I saw that. And Megatron was some kind of flying hand with bat wings.

I didn't dream this, it's all true, it was on T.V. I tell you!

Bought it a couple days ago, and so far i like it somewhat. The challenge factor is there & the game looks pretty good. I dont care much for all that minicon blah blah but you still get to kick megatron's ass. (albeit a really odd looking megatron)

Level design ranges from okayish to..okayish. Boss battles are excecuted really nice with your autobot of choice & some evil decepticon smashing eachother to bits while racing/flying all over the level. I can imagine the game getting fairly repetitive after awhile though. thankfully there's a lot to unlock (Transformer comics, art, movies etc) and you collect tons of minicons that give your bot added firepower, arnor & abilities.

I'm disappointed that you can only choose from 3 autobots & the voice of starscream absolutely sucks monkey balls.

All in all it's a pretty solid transformer game and i'd get it just for the cool looking box it's sold in.

Mini cons, pfffft

At leats he's not a fucking fire engine in this. I ran away when I saw that. And Megatron was some kind of flying hand with bat wings.

I didn't dream this, it's all true, it was on T.V. I tell you!

Don't stop here man! This is bat country!!

I played a demo at the Sony booth at E3 today. Honestly, I was pretty impressed at how polished the game looked. I saw the Transformers game that came over from Japan a couple of months ago, and the new game by Atari looks so good by comparison that it isn't even funny. I couldn't really hear much, but combat was frantic yet fun and the graphics were pretty damn nice.

This was made by Melbourne House so start worrying. I am told that you can complete the game in a few hours if you zing through it, you can strech it to 20 hours if you are inclined to examine every inch of the landscape.

I am going to end this here before I get started on Melbourne House...