syntheticgerbil

Playstation 2 Exclusives

Ratchet & Clank (I'd give anything for Ratchet to be on xbox)

Jak & Dexter

I hear Sly Cooper is pretty good.

Katamari Damacy

um... more that I can't think of right now

Fatal Frame? Silent Hill series? Katamari Demarkackerry (or whatever the hell it's called)?

Trep, AFAIK all Silent Hill games excpet the first one are availible for PC, I have SH 4 myself on PC...

Fatal Frame (a.k.a. Project Zero) is for XBox too... :mock:

Freak Out is a PS2 exclusive, but it's very weird... and short...

Kya Dark Lineage?

Gregory Horror Show?

Yeah, definately Rez and Katamari Damacy

if I remember correctly, dvdsoon.com is selling Katamari Damacy for 29.95 canadian dollars, that's just unbelievably cheap.

Shame you don't like racing games. I never did either, but the Gran Turismo series really is something else. It's solely responsible for turning me from someone who literally knew and cared nothing about cars, and had no interest in real or simulated cars whatsoever, to someone who's got Gran Turismo 3 & Prologue, Colin Mrae 2004, and NFS: Underground, and a £50 logitech USB steering wheel with strong force feedback and pedals. There's now nothing I like better than drifting a well-simulated car round a dirt track, or haring round monaco in some ground-hugging supercar!

Anyway, I also like: Metal Gear solid games, ICO, Tekken Tag, Onimusha 3, and maybe the Final Fantasy games should get a mention too (though I don't own any myself, so I'm not getting more specific than that). Yeah, and what the others said, they all sound good too, though I don't most of them :)

P.s. Apart from giving GTA3 as an example, wtf is a "cool ass fucker" game? I'm not familiar with the genre... On second thoughts, perhaps that's a good thing :blink:

Despite a million other suggestions of Katamari Damacy, I'm going to suggest it too. You need Katamari Damacy.

Amplitude is pritty cool too, if you like rythium games and stuff.

And I liked Spy Cooper. Give cartoon raccons a chance!

I own sly and ratchet and I must say they are produced well. Sly feels like Rayman mixed in with metal gear, it's weird but it works. And if you like the cartoony but not annoying feel, the better.

Ratchet, 2 and beyond, is beast of it's own, a game that controls like a platformer but with the ability to sidestep means you can blow things up in a very fun, fast way. But the cartoonyness is to the point of annoyance, they try to be funny and end up looking like idiots. But unlike other stupid games the bad sense of humor doesn't distract from the fine tuned and excellent gameplay.

Katamari Damacy just works, okay? It's a parody of modern consumerism, just roll up more stuff for no reason because some threatening, impatient, sob tells you too. And the game controls with the physics mastery of Gish, and the levels are well designed and challenging. And can you hate a game where a guy hums the theme song on the copyright screen?