Jake

Why you should use Firefox

Huh? You either a) had alt held down when you clicked the link/pressed enter for the URL (a mistake I frequently make, given how often I alt-tab to other applications) B) use a really stupid HTML preprocessor.

If you mean http://me.warcry.com/ (got it from your profile), it loads fine for me.

Or you have the pages' content-type sent as application/octet-stream. IE seems to render pages like that, but Firefox's behaviour is correct.

if firefox can't render your page then there is something wrong with your page and you should seriously consider making it work in firefox. Since more and more people start using this browser.

Besides, when you get your page to display properly in firefox, chances are that it will work perfectly fine in all other browsers.

Yeah, what Huz and ysbreker said is right. If it doesn't load right in Firefox, the HTML is bust, since good, w3 compliant, stuff all loads fine.

I have the following extensions installed:

- IEView (adds a menu option that opens the link in IE, just in case)

- FlashGot (for FlashGet integration -- FlashGet has a better UI than any other download manager IMHO and I use it for downloading demos & trailers etc.)

- ConfigurationMania (I had this for a long time since version 0.7 or something, but I don't really use it).

You know I might migrate to Firefox and only use IE when using Paypal and Ebay until they make and add-on toolbar for this... :erm:

I'm still getting the hang of this thing....

Argh, I need some tutorial for the advanced stuff... :bomb:

Paypal and eBay work just fine in firefox

Yes, I know that, but the toolbar that tells you that you are at a real Paypal or Ebay site and not a fake, doesn't...

I'm using Firefox right now, BTW...

I'm still looking for whereever Firefox store the internet temp files....

Is there anyway to manage the RSS feeds a little?

When I entered the Comic Alert Feed I got ALL the items at the same time... Not even in order...

Maybe I'll need Pluck after all? :erm:

Anyway, I'm still learning...

I had to download an optimizer because without it, it's slower than IE.... :shifty:

IE never told me that. AGA's right, though. Just be careful about where you click links from.

IE never told me that. AGA's right, though. Just be careful about where you click links from.

I guess so...

But the Ebay toolbar glowed green when at a real page and red at a fake....

If you want an RSS aggrigator for Firefox you could use Sage. I don't think it has all of the fancy features that Pluck as, but it should work alright. You can use Spoofstick to tell if the site is real or not. Granted, I haven't actually tried it out, but I'm assuming that it does what it says it does.

If you want an RSS aggrigator for Firefox you could use Sage. I don't think it has all of the fancy features that Pluck as, but it should work alright. You can use Spoofstick to tell if the site is real or not. Granted, I haven't actually tried it out, but I'm assuming that it does what it says it does.

:innocent:

I'm sold!

I've completely switched to Firefox and Thunderbird, and I've also started using my Gmail account instead of the old one...

I love the options to open wepages in a tab instead of a new window!

For a moment I thought the pages loaded slower, but it just loads them in a different order, because when I went to my game collection on IGN, it loaded faster than ever!

I've already got Sage, Fireftp, Image zoom, Foxy tunes and Webmail Compose so I can visit my Gmail account easily, and since Gmail is starting to use POP3, I'll start using it in Thunderbird eventually....

I'll try out that spoof program, and does anybody any other cool extensions?

I'll try out that spoof program, and does anybody any other cool extensions?

I strongly recommend Flashblock. Flash ads are probably one of my least favorite things because of my crappy computer. But if you have a fast computer I can see how they might not bother you so much.

All of the extensions that I've gotten I've found at these sites:

https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/?application=firefox

http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/

http://www.mozdev.org/logs/top50.html

There is a thing or two I need to know:

-Can I drag toolbar on top other toolbars to save browser window space?

-When does Firefox keep it's temp archives? I like to keep all the flash animations I see in a folder... :erm:

-no, but you can move the icons themselves, not the links, to any of the bars.

-and I don't know crap about temp archives.

Someone mentioned before about new windows opening in tabs, and I couldn't find that, but on any link that I press with the scroll button it opens in a new tab. I like that.

Is it easy to convert from Mozilla Plain Vanilla to Mozilla Firefox?

How do I install, it crashes everytime I try to install!!!!! :eek:

Wow... that is weird! Did you have a technician from Microsoft over recently? Possibly something to do with the registry... dunno :eek:

And why the hell did you register here to ask a question about Firefox? Shouldn't you register on the Mozilla forums to ask a question about firefox, they would probably know a lot more about Mozilla than a gaming forum.

Agreed, Allison. You're going to have way better luck seeking technical support from Mozilla than by posting here or e-mailing me about it.

anybody else had issues with downloading files through mozilla with spaces in the name?

I automatically download to my desktop and if there is a space in the name that is where the filename stops. I then have to type in the extension so I can use the file :frusty: . Mind you, this may have been fixed as my version is fairly old.