Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

Star Wars

Yeah, I thought it was pretty much a :tdown: and a :fart: too.

Oh, have you guys watched the Cars trailer? I hate to say it, but I'm actually not looking forward to it that much. I hope Pixar proves my misgivings wrong. I would normally give something like that a :tdown: but since it's Pixar... :tmeh:

I saw the trailer for Cars and was the opposite of impressed. I hope they pull through (I have faith in Lasseter), but I wouldn't bet money on this one.

That said, I saw the trailer in front of The Incredibles, and the latter is easily my favorite Pixar film. Basically, it was great.

GET IT ITS FUNNY BECAUSE HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT STAR WARS IS.

I'm holding judgement on Cars until the real trailer comes out. The teaser gives away almost nothing, and I'm willing to bet that all of those scenes were created just for it, so it's entirely possible that the movie will still be awesome. There are also a lot more known characters than just the two from the trailer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317219/

And hey, John Ratzenberger's in it! What a surprise! :)

I appreciated the Nascar cars all giving each other the shifty eye, but other than that I wasn't really impressed with that Cars trailerlike I was with the Incredibles and the Monsters Inc teasers, both of which I guess were basically one-gag animated shorts.

We are not supposed to say anything bad about Cars because we love Purcell.

The cars trailer was awful and the Starwars teaser looked more like the Flash Gordon Returns-teaser. It started kind of well but then they lost themselves in generic footage. I'm not the one to scoff at campy movies but I'm cringing because I want this movie to be good and dark and evil.

The horde of Wookie fighters was kinda cute though.

I think the trailer for episode 3 looks kinda good, but then again, I thought that the trailer for episode 1 also looked good...

Let's face it, Star Wars was good 10 years ago, then George Lucas went insane and started making the special editions, star wars has been going downhill since then.

I thought the trailer looked great...but I know the movie won't be, so that kind of killed any sort of excitement t might have generated.

I want a Pixar-animated Sam and Max movie.

:shifty: You just made every orifice in my face ejaculate all over me. Please don't do that again.

Has anybody cared to watch that LucasArts Ep 3 game trailer, if something can suck more than Ep 3 movie teaser, then it's that trailer.

But what can you expect from a game company that has no talented people left in the firm anymore...

I'm told that Battlefront game isn't bad. I haven't played it though.

I didn't think the trailer looked too bad. I just hope that for the film in general they'll go a little easier on the CG and use it more judiciously... and maybe use that Subsurface Scattering rendering that Gollum pioneered and that was also used on Dobby. Kind of takes away the plasticky feel.

You know, now that I've slept a night over it, I'm more positive about the Starwars teaser. Especially the first half just IS very good trailermaterial, and I've shifted my mindset from expecting a good starwars movie, to just expecting a really nice campy special effects movie.

And I still think the horde of wookies is cute.

I'm told that Battlefront game isn't bad. I haven't played it though.

It's ok, but the AI is beyond terrible. I mean, it's absurd. I've never seen anything like it. Plus, the whole game has a really loose, almost cartoony, feel to it. It doesn't play very smoothly.

Either way, it wasn't actually developed by LucasArts, they just published. The current game they're developing is Republic Commando. I don't really give two craps about that game, but I suspect it'll at least be better than Battlefront...

I hate Dobby. :(
Just curious, how exactly?

Do you hate the character from the book? The way he was interpreted in the film? Or the way ILM animated him?

I really liked all of the above.

I thought they did a pretty good job interpreting him from the book. I just can't stand him to begin with. He's so whiny and irritating. Probably my least favorite character in the entire series. As for how he was animated, I really couldn't say. I only saw the movie once and I can't remember that well what he looked like. I do remember one thing though, Dan did a terrible job acting with him. I mean, he's not a particularily good actor to begin with, but when he's around Dobby... wow, talk about wooden. Of course, it is really hard to act with something that isn't there, so I suppose I shouldn't be too hard on him. I certainly won't be crying if they don't renew his contract after the forth movie. I hope they get Emma Watson back though. hmm... I wonder how the forth movie is going to turn out. It's a shame they didn't get the guy who directed the third on back. Not that it was incredibly amazing, but it certainly was more enjoyable than the first two which were basically chapter by chapter from the book.