toblix

Halo2 WTF?!

Well, I think Halo 2 sucks. The cut-scenes are cool, and the story seems slightly interesting, and the enemies and weapons are very cool, but all the levels suck my dick. I haven't played the entire game (and I'm not sure I'm going to) and I'm not sure how far into it I've come, but it seems to me Bungie loves corridors and long rooms that are all the same. The only sequences worth a crap are the warthog ones, but they're too short, because Bungie quickly finds a reason to make you run into some temple, ship or whatever. And then it's half an hour of rooms that come in two variants connected by the exact same corridors, falling chutes (what's up with those?!) or piston elevators.

One part that wasn't vehicle based that I loved, though was...

...where you're supposed to shut down a shield generator and there's this huge room with a big robot hovering around in the middle, guarding it and you have to sneak around to get behind its shields and blast parts off of it.

It was almost puzzle-like, which was great. I still think Halo was cooler though.

I don't know, there are a lot of sections that take place outside and in cities and highways and stuff. Certainly repetitiveness exists, but I don't think it's quite as exaggerated as you claim.

Can I quote that post elsewhere, Chris? It's fucking brilliant.

Please, feel free.

Halo 2. What the fuck.

I remember when I beat Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and I thought, "Heh, that was a pretty lame ending." In MechAssault I thought, "Ha ha, that was pretty stupid."

In Halo 2, when the end cutscene ended and the credits started rolling, I actually stood up and said "What the fuck was that!?" In the first Halo, you had a climatic end level, lots of excitement, and a solid ending with good closure (but still leaving it open for a sequel, of course.)

In Halo 2, the climatic end level was non-existent. There was nothing exciting about it. The end cutscene feels like it's setting you up for the next and final level, with the Master Chief saying he's "Finishing this fight". But you never get to actually do that. The screen goes black. The credits show up. And you just get pissed and you feel like you've been ripped off. The ending seriously ruined the entire game for me. I was really enjoying it up until that part. That just made me angry.

There had better fucking be a Halo 3, and it'd better be soon. Halo 2 was a fun game with a very immersive story, but the ending really just shoots it all in the face.

Campaign Mode is really dull.

Except for right now, when I'm trying to drive a Ghost at high speed off the top of a building onto a giant robo spider thing. I don't know if I can actually make it, but I will try my best.

UPDATE: Yeah y'can!

UPDATE 2: After all fucking that, he dismounts the Ghost on his left hand side, right off the side off the spider to his doom. Congratufuckinglations, you made me cry.

Guys, can I ask a really dumb question?

With all this "hardon" with X-Box Live and that, is the game STILL playable on one console? I remember buying Pandora Tomorrow, aimlessly thinking it would be split screen co-op, and loving the prospect. When it turned out otherwise, I was quite miffed.

So, is Halo 2 exclusive to X-Box Live on the multiplayer side, or can my mates still plug in a pad on one x-box, and can we still have play at the plethora of modes that the first one offered? Can I still play co-op campaign on one TV?

You can still go over to your buddy's house and play with four players on one box, or up to 16 players on up to 4 boxes. (and it's still super-fun) IIRC, not every single mode from the first game is offered, but the missing ones are minor things like "Race" which I suspect I was the only person who played anyway, and there are a bunch of new ones to make up for it, such as Assault, Territories, and single-flag CTF.

Yeah, that definitely looks like it's targetted towards a female audience...

Hence the guest strip status maybe? Also, I took those panels out of context :D

A new gaming magazine came out today and guess what score Halo 2 got?

11 out of 10! :eek:

Didn't even mention HL 2, and it was a console and PC mag... :shifty:

Is it a real console and PC mag, or is it really just a console mag that likes to act as if it has PC coverage as well? I've seen those before (and vice versa)...

Is it a real console and PC mag, or is it really just a console mag that likes to act as if it has PC coverage as well? I've seen those before (and vice versa)...

The later, I usually protect the "n00bs" companies/mag/etc..., but seriously, they keep sticking their foot in their mouths...

Katamari is unconfirmed, yet they act like it's already here, and they have several reviews (not previews) of games that will probably not make it here... If the game is not for sale in your country yet, you cannot make a review of it, only a preview! :bomb:

How to say it? They are too "enthusiastic", too informal (they'd speak l33t if Spain had l33t), and they well.... brown-nose too much...

You can't have a magazine with only good reviews, if you can't say a game sucks, people might think you couldn't tell if a game sucks...

Oh, they also have too many photos, almost 70% and the page and guess what?

Their webpage is a... FTP site, just a bunch of folders... :shifty:

Still, it will sell like hot cakes since they have a big Halo 2 contest...