Derek

The Cutdown Episode 16: Trailers For Turkeys

The Cutdown 16

Trailers For Turkeys

In this episode Derek and Ric are talking good trailers for bad movies. Also, everyone's favourite blue hedgehog is back to break the internet again and so we dive into Trailer 2 for Sonic...

Trailers Discussed: Sonic the Hedgehog, Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever, Ultraviolet, The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc, Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, Prometheus Teaser Trailer, Silent Hill, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Trailer 1, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Trailer 2, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Final Trailer.

If you have questions or comments please send them to [email protected].

We already briefly discussed good trailers for (not universally thought of as) bad movies in the Ep 8 thread, where I mentioned Watchmen and Sin City. I often wish there were some way studios could monetise making amazing trailers for non-existent adaptations of comic books etc, because the trailers are often better and really all you need - you get to see what all your favourite bits of the property would look like in live-action and what the general vibe might be, but you don't have to watch two hours of bad decisions.

On a tangent, as someone who hasn't played any of the games, I liked the Silent Hill movie! It really felt like being trapped in someone's disturbed mind (I'm sure the games did a lot of the prep work there). The only stuff I didn't like was the pointless Sean Bean subplot, which it turns out was forced into the movie by studio execs who didn't want a film with no male roles in it. :fart: