Sign in to follow this  
iosman123

Which Paradox game is the easiest to learn?

Hello,

I'm not asking because I'm looking for advice about which one to pick up, but rather to see if there's a general consensus or whether opinions are divided. For me, I found Crusader Kings II to be far more intuitive than either EU3 or HoI3 (I still haven't been able to crack either game, although I think if I gave EU3 another shot I might get it), due to the reduced economic complexity, and also perhaps because I was more easily able to relate to playing as an actual, literal ruler than as a sort of abstract, omniscient one. I assumed this would be the case for everyone, but I've seen forum posts in which people say that EU3 or HoI3 was their natural entry point to Paradox games, and that they found Crusader Kings II baffling.

So I'm wondering which Paradox game you found the easiest to get into, and whether or not you think that says something about your personality. I can definitely say that I'm not really a fan of number-crunching, which is why the focus on political intrigue in CK2 appeals to me a lot more than fine-tuning taxation sliders or re-assigning division commanders.

thanks

iosman

tweakbox tweakbox tweakbox

I would say in terms of playing to completion HOI4 is the easiest. You can get really deep on division designing. But it’s generally pretty accessible. 

I also think Stellaris is pretty easy to get into. Probably helps that it’s a totally new IP and it let them really start from scratch on a lot of it.