Who will be president in 2008?

Who will wipe up the mess?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will wipe up the mess?

• Hillary Clinton
    • The Governator
    • Michael Moore
    • Morgan Freeman

I'm sure Bush wouldn't mind changing the constitution in the meantime to allow for foreign nationals to become president...

I'd be really happy if 2008 will be Clinton vs. McCain. That way you're guaranteed a reasonably sane person on either side.

I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards ran in 08. He sort of has that Bush-esque "friendly simple guy" trait to him.

It'd be awesome if Obama ran sometime. Somehow I doubt that McCain will run. He's getting kind of old, isn't he? And isn't he having some health problems? I could just be imagining the health problems. I can't remember. It would be great if we could get some good third party candidates that people would actually vote for. Of course, the way elections are currently set up there really isn't any point of them bothering to run. I think I saw an interesting article related to this recently. Now where was it... I couldn't find it, but I did see this new article on Obama when I was looking. I haven't read it yet, so I have no idea whether or not it's interesting.

Yes, but amendments to that restriction have been proposed. That's not to say it'll happen anytime soon, but a lot of people have been talking about it since Arnold won the governorship.

*breathy sigh*

Where has the time gone that Ah-nuld was still the guy that could throw a rusty leaden ventilationshaft through a man's stomach whilst uttering: ,,Blow off some steam, Bennet."?

Stallone: "Hold it! The Schwarzenegger Library?"

Bullock: "Yes, the Schwarzenegger Presidential Library. Wasn't he an actor?"

Stallone: "Stop! He was President?"

Bullock: "Yes. Even though he was not born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st Amendment…"

It was funny at the time, now it's just scary.

I doubt McCain will run again. By 2008, he's going to be pretty old. No health problems yet, but the possibility of them wouldn't help him any in an election.

It was funny at the time, now it's just scary.

Nothing is scaring me more than Bush. I'm dead serious. I'd rather see Arnold as President than Bush. He's quite liberal, at least compared to Bush.

--Erwin

The first time I heard about Obama I was driving somewhere and listening to NPR's All Things Considered and the woman said something like, "And now we have with us the person many consider the first black president of the United States."

At first that took me aback because I didn't know we had any black presidents, let alone enough of them to warant having them numbered. Once I digested what she had said, my next thought was, Bah, gimme a break! How can you say something that stupid, woman? How can you possibly pull someone out of your ass like that and raise him to the presidential pedestal without thinking about what you're saying?!?

And then I listened to him talk for half an hour and was in love. Weirdest thing ever. I don't think any politician ever managed to win me over so fast. It could be the tone of voice.

I watched an Obama interview yesterday and don't see what its all about, he seemed like any other politician, just younger and a little...tanner.

I doubt any of the people on the poll will ever be president, And I doubt even more that the constitution will be changed for Arnold. I wish McCain would run, and really hoped he would be able to run for 2000, but he may very well be too old. But on the other hand, both McCains mother and her twin sister are alive, so McCain may still have some years in him.

You're all wrong,

Bush's term won't finish until january 2009, so in 2008 GW Bush will still be president. Who will win the elections in nov 2008, is a different question, and I'll guess John Edwards.

Jaap

Nothing is scaring me more than Bush. I'm dead serious. I'd rather see Arnold as President than Bush. He's quite liberal, at least compared to Bush.
Well I don't really know that much about his policies, but the fact that he actively supports Bush is scary enough for me.

Didn't Arnold get punished by his wife (no sex for 2 weeks) because he was very active during the repubican convention in New York?

Yeah that's what Arnie told.

Arnie should just listen to his wife and become a democrat or something :shifty:

Didn't Arnold get punished by his wife (no sex for 2 weeks) because he was very active during the repubican convention in New York?

yeah. just because he had sex with george w. bush instead. :hmph:

bat ei sink tät arnold wil bekam se präsidänt in tusausenändäigt wis älotof äktschn in se weit haus!

bat ei sink tät arnold wil bekam se präsidänt in tusausenändäigt wis älotof äktschn in se weit haus!

Totally.*

I voted for Hillary Clinton. I think she could make it and it would be high time for America to get a female president.

*I almost got everything. :shifty:

Just as long as the candidate is neither female, nor black, or in fact anything other than white christian male.... I'm happy.