Moosferatu

Who's going to win?

Who's going to win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win?

• Bush
    • Kerry

It seems to me that in Ireland, we've had the same idiot Toasitsich for years now. Taoesouchit? Taoshauct? How do you spell that? I don't even know how to spell that. His name is Bertie and he hit on my Mom last year while drunk at a wedding.

But your mom is hot, it's not his fault.

"Here is the math that matters: If all the states in which the data lean discernibly to either candidate vote as the polls suggest, the election will come down to Florida and Ohio. If Bush takes both, he wins. If Kerry takes either, he wins. We assess the probability in each state independently, and we assume that neither state's turnout affects the other's. Since the odds in each of the two states are approximately 50-50, with a tiny edge to Bush, the combined probability of Kerry winning the election is about 70 to 75 percent."

That's from the Slate's scorecard.

You're 17 for another 107 days, right? How do your folks plan to vote, compadre?

I think there must be something wrong with the general system if the winner isn't (necessarily) the one who gets the most votes. That's how it is at the moment, isn't it?
There are no less than three layers of bullshit at play there.

You're 17 for another 107 days, right? How do your folks plan to vote, compadre?

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm still seventeen for a bit longer. My parents have already voted, but I'm not sure who they voted for. Traditionaly I'd say that they probably go for Bush, but I'm not sure this year. It's quite possible that they went for Kerry. I don't know though.

btw, why are the colors in wrong order?

Kerry should be blue and Bush red ;)

hmmm...kerry with actually NO concept vs. bush with a BAD concept??? things won't turn better. with any luck they'll remain as worse as they are.

i think i'll vote for...for...hmmm...for...me?

Right now it looks like Bush is going to win. But Kerry has some small hope yet, I think?

Right now it looks like Bush is going to win 271 to 267, assuming he gets New Mexico and Ohio, which it looks like he very probably will.

[bitter]

What seems strange is that Irish Media depicts Bush 24/7 as a completely idiotic turd (not what seems strange yet) and every Irish person hates him. Every. No exceptions.

So when we see you guys voting him back in, it's hard to believe or understand why. We don't have nutcase fundamentalist christians over here, though.

[/bitter]

Well, also our media unfortunately doesn't depict him 24/7 as a completely idiotic turd. Even more unfortunately, I suspect that soon they will continue to depict him 24/7 as The President.

I'm sorry for Wolf Blitzer. I remember clearly how four years ago he was shuffling papers on his desk with tears in his eyes -- as if someone had died -- when the election was concluded in Bush's favour.

Now he looks sedated...

the upside of this all is that bush now has to clean up his own mess...

[thinks]

Or make an even bigger mess, a mess so big the democrats will never be able to clean it up in 4 years time when they get elected in 2008 :cens0r:

crap, this isn't really a upside after all...

I'm rather depressed & down at the moment, with kerry not winning and Theo van Gogh being murdered and all.

I think I'll rob a bank and buy me one of those islands that are for sale on the net. And lock myself of from most of the world...

There's some hope still for Kerry, but frankly I'm disgusted that it could even come to this. Seriously, Americans would re-elect Hitler if he had the right campaign.

Well, Russia has it worse. There was even no question Putin was going to be reelected. And now he is arranging for even more power for himself. But of course, Russia isn't as powerful as USA.

Why not?

Bush has people 'legally' tortured in Cuba and Iraq, he invades countries for financial gain and self-righteous religious fundamentalism, and he's turning the American judicial system into "1984" *cough*Patriot Act*cough*. Just because everybody has a knee-jerk reaction to the comparison doesn't mean it can't be made.

Bush himself is most likely just a puppet, but this comparison applies to his administration as a whole. It reeks of despotism.

Maybe you don't know who Hitler is, because comparing any leader to him today (besides maybe some African warlords) is childish....keeping a couple thousand rowdy prisoners is in no way comparable to the systematic slaughter of millions of people, cunt.

Anyway, I was just looking at the amusing pie charts they have on CNN, and I was wondering if in the next election they might have an 'Obese Pie Chart' so we could see how the obese vote is split between the candidates....and then there would be an obese campaign demographic, no doubt leading to hilarious strategies in every presidential campaign from thence forth!

today at work:

"bush...hmhm...at least he can't start WWIII."

"why not?"

"well...he isn't austrian."

"yap. we were the most significant ones involved in WWI+II. what a 'great' achievement for such a small country. but nowadays we austrians can't launch WWIII, because we're too small and unimportant in the world."

"we need to wait another 4 years for WWIII."

"2008 - why?"

"schwarzenegger."

"hmmm...change the constitution for making schwarzenegger to president. bush will probably do him this favor. supporting people on his side and such stuff..."

"and then we'll have world war with austrian participation. again."

"yeah - when you're as country too small to start your world wars you need to export..." :innocent: