Nick

Bear vs Gorilla

Which would win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which would win?

• Bear
    • Gorilla

Great pics! If I'd found such similarly mighty photos, I'd have thought up any old excuse to post them too :P

Seriously, I'd love to go with the gorilla on this one. I mean, they're relatives of ours... So noble, so proud, so calm and controlled to behold at rest, yet so tremendous and fearsome in anger.

Unfortunately, despite my undeniable respect for the gorrilla, I have to say that the unstoppable mass of the hulking beast that is the grizzly would eventually win. They have bigger claws, bigger jaws, more mass, the same frightening speed, and I just bet that a maddened bear can probably ignore more pain than the more developed brain that lies within the gorrilla's cranium.

Give them both weapons though, and it's be a different (and more interesting) story entirely ;)

i think the gorrila would win, they have fingers. a simple eye gouge and the bear is fucked.

I think a simple swipe from the bear's claws would remove half the gorrilla's face along with the eyes...

It depends of course. If this were to be a sudden fight, and thus one of pure strength, I'd say the bear. But I voted for the Gorilla, because I'm assuming this battle is also one of wits. And seeing as how the Gorilla is closest to man, evolutionary speaking, he'd find a way to get a weapon or outsmart his opponent.

Why should they fight in the first place? :erm:

don't give me that shit, that's a load of BS! juist say they where fighting, for no reason except I put them in a cage, who would win

Edit: this matters more now with the drink

Why should they fight in the first place? :erm:

In the year 2093, cybernetic babies with laser beams for eyes have taken over the Earth and have destroyed all forms of life, except for bears and gorillas. As their only form of entertainment, the cybernetic babies built THE ARENA, where bears and gorillas must fight to the death. The victor recieves freedom and 3 gallons of chocolate pudding, the loser recieves...DEATH!

Depends on the species and the size... :erm:

Grizzly vs Mountain Silverback?

Tough choice, but I'd have to go with the gorilla, it may not be stronger than the bear, but it's defintely smarter....

My first name being Björn I'm going to have to go with the bear, what with the first name I actually use (Christiaan) really being my second name.

Ah the confusion...

the bear will win, ofcourse! Especially when it's a ghost bear kodiak. *eyes gloss over with nostalgia* Anyone remember the intro movie for mechwarriror 2? and maybe even mechwarrior 2: ghost bear legacy?

*imagine a cool screenshot of the kodiak Mech here, google didn't want to help me find one :/*

"koidiak, base! KODIAK! aargh!"

Bear.

(I will now not talk about the mighty 12th ComGuard division and their trouncing of clan Ghost Bear at Tukayyid, to the relief of many)

My first name being Björn I'm going to have to go with the bear, what with the first name I actually use (Christiaan) really being my second name.

Ah the confusion...

Because I want to support NinjaDodo in his fight, I voted for him.

I voted for bear when I made the thread but I've changed my mind now.

I think the girilla would be able to move in, grab the bears head, jump up ontp the bears chest and rip it's head clean off before the bear knew what was comming.

I say gorilla!

I think the girilla would be able to move in, grab the bears head, jump up ontp the bears chest and rip it's head clean off before the bear knew what was comming.

So... is this one of them super speed gorrillas? Well anyway, I reckon the bear would be able to move in, grab the gorrillas feet, jump onto the gorrilla's back, rip it's legs clean off, and shove them in the gorrillas ears before the gorrilla had time to say "Fuck me, that's a bit harsh! I'm still drinking me pre-fight cup of tea ;( "

So... is this one of them super speed gorrillas? Well anyway, I reckon the bear would be able to move in, grab the gorrillas feet, jump onto the gorrilla's back, rip it's legs clean off, and shove them in the gorrillas ears before the gorrilla had time to say "Fuck me, that's a bit harsh! I'm still drinking me pre-fight cup of tea ;( "

Well I says that the gorilla would be more nimble than the bear.

Gorilla should win anyhow because gorilla has thumbs!

Sometimes the bear would win, sometimes the gorilla. Being that gorillas are more evolved intellectually, if they were to live with bears, over time the gorillas would win all the time--they would use their strength along with their brains and problably use weapons to kill the bear. They are also superior climbers, so they would work from above and drop big branches and shit on the bear. You got to look at it realistically--the gorilla would definitely outsmart the bear!!!!

Resurrection! :wtf:

Edit: Awww the Gorilla pic's gone. Also what compelled you to bring this back denis?

The Bear will win because it can cast Demoralizing Roar and Fairy Fire.

Also, if the fight isn't going so well, it can move back to Druid form and cast healing spells on itself.

Giant hairless bear would win a wrestling match for sure. Not sure about the ones with (less lurking and) more hair. :mrt:

(What's the use of that smiley anyway?)

I hate to admit it, but according to the internet large bears can weigh over 1000 lbs whereas male gorillas average only 400 lbs. Combined with the bigger teeth and claws I concede to the bear. Unless... the gorilla is more agile, and noisier. It could scare and disorientate the bear into submission maybe.