Sign in to follow this  
Brannigan

I am Iron mAnthem

Well, tried the Anthem open demo!  The movement feels pretty great, except for the apparently-going-to-be-fixed mouse controls for flight and swimmies.  It really is probably the best Iron Man simulator there will be?  It's also so much trying to be Destiny. So so much.  Loot chests and random drops of greens blues and purples, standard loot loots.  The town you're in when you're not Iron Man is weird and lifeless, you really just go there to talk to people that feel like they were pulled out of Rage, weirdly stiff animation and dialogue.  This game feels like it's gonna be a lore dump in the worst way.  It kinda feels like there's a team that really wanted Iron Men and did pretty well at it, there's quite a bit of customization and loadout options for your Iron Man, and multiple types of Iron Men.  It feels like there's this other team that tacked on lorespacerpg onto it, and at least from the very small sample in the demo, is pretty lame in my opinion.  Unless there's some real meaty stuff that sets it apart from Destiny, I can't really see myself playing it.  The actual gameplay is a fun shooty bang bang, but it seems like it could easily fall into looty loot loots where you just repeat the same mission over and over.

I'm playing here and there. Gwardinen on Origin (you actually get passive benefits for having friends play). 

I too, am playing. Dragonfliet on Origin. It's a broken game, in many ways, but the kind of broken I can quite enjoy. We'll see if they fix the loading screen bonanza, and add more variety of gameplay, but for now, I'm satisfied enough to fly around like ironman, and to run around with my giant Colossus shield, whacking scars.