red_fox

Post-apocaliptic books: were do they hide?

I like the theme of post-apocalypse. But what a paradox - when I try to find a game - there are thousands of variants, but book search is a total failure! All the books I can find are novels of 'love in ruins' or 'brutal talk with rude words' kind. Disgusting, ugh.  So where are all good books about post-apocalypse hidden?

Are you asking about recent stuff? If so N.K. Jemisin's Broken Earth trilogy is pretty good.

Otherwise there's a shitton of stuff out there just a Google away. Personal favourites include Margaret Atwood's books like Oryx & Crake and The Handmaid's Tale.

John Wyndham's Day of the Triffids. But that's more apocalypse-as-it-happened-just-now

The Road

The Road is a 2006 novel by American writer Cormac McCarthy. It is a post-apocalyptic novel detailing the journey of a father and his young son over a period of several months, across a landscape blasted by an unspecified cataclysm that has destroyed most of civilization and, in the intervening years, almost all life on Earth. The novel was awarded the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction in 2006. The book was adapted to a film of the same name in 2009, directed by John Hillcoat.

To me, post-apocalyptic books are the best. You can deep dive into the emotions which could stick to you when everything is going to end. The author could probably make you think of every worse situation of the ending world. My best post-apocalyptic book is On The Beach by Vintage Shute. I would recommend this to all the people who are interested in reading post-apocalyptic books. 

I have come across a couple of books in the space, but my personal favorite is “Kali Yuga The Ascension” written by Jatin Gupta. It is a beautiful yet dark world created by him which tries to set the story in the direction of a possible apocalypse. The character, the descriptions of tribes and clans, the storyline is all very brisk and intriguing. There are some interesting visuals created by the author available on YouTube to aid the imagination of the readers