Sign in to follow this  
Kolzig

Flatout

Rally Trophy was also a great game, but you can't play it without a wheel.

It's especially made as simulation racing.

Rally Trophy has been titled as a sleeper hit, it got great reviews everywhere but people just didn't buy it back then.

Now that it's found in almost every bargain bin, people have started to get it.

There is a winter track which has normal tarmac roads aswell as snow and ice, and you instatly notice the diffirence between the surfaces :)

That same level got a super cool corner in it, you got a long straight piece of ice-road and when you take it right you start to slide about 500 meters before the corner! :)

I really miss a replay-save function, and multiple camera angles when I'm replaying the race :-/ .

Yeah, me too, especially as replays have never been this fun... Too bad Empire decided to release this earlier and cut features.

I tried the Rally Trophy demo and indeed it should be played with a wheel. I just couldn't control it with a keyboard or regular game controller unless I changed the camera to inside the car.

I actually have a wheel (a crappy one) but I loaned it to a friend for an indefinite period.

whats everyone's high scores on the high jump level?

i got 117.61 whilst alt+tab-bing between this game demo and the world of warcraft screen that says 'the servers are down go to sleep you idiot'

they came back at 6am ¬¬

My record is only about 105. Haven't tried much in the full game.

This game is getting better and better, but also I'm starting to notice little flaws. Like when you get off the road for whatever reason and drive a little distance by sometimes the game says 'off the road' and you have to drive back a bit... It's not clear which shortcuts are 'ok' and which aren't.

And in some rare cases, there are bugs with the physics. One is in the small town map where you can drive up to the sidewalk but if you're not precice you crash badly even though there wasn't a high enough edge.

If Empire hadn't rushed this game for Christmas it could have been the best driving game ever.

:woohoo:

So I played through the career mode in FlatOut.

There was two names in the end credits that raised questions.

Why did Bugbear want to give special thanks to Major Edlund, Finnish Defense Forces?

And is Simon Jeffrey working as Managing Director in Empire Interactive?

Because that's what he was credited in this game's credits.

So I played through the career mode in FlatOut.
I think I'm almost done too. Just 5-6 races to go. The Gold class is the final right? Or you have to complete the Bonus class too?

Some of the races seem to go really easy for me, while some are quite difficult. I think it depends on how much the AI crashes or something...

And is Simon Jeffrey working as Managing Director in Empire Interactive?

Is that the guy who was CEO or something at LucasArts for a while?

In the full version I just jumped my personal record 120.98

bah, must be easier in the full version :mock:

Is that the guy who was CEO or something at LucasArts for a while?

Yeah, the guy who wanted to revive the adventure game genre at LA.

I just finished it too.

Kolzig, did you try all the upgrades? When I had only a few races to go I upgraded the suspension of my Bonecracker (to the best available) and the car started hopping like a bunny when it had taken some damage. It felt more like a downgrade... Or maybe it was just that some of the last races were the most bumpy.

Though I don't remember the Finchley Challenge in the demo being as bumpy as it seemed now...

Yeah, the car hopped up and down all the time in especially the construction yard tracks when the car had taken damage.

Bah, too many good games coming out to quickly, I think I'll wait until this hits stores here instead of order online. I already got like five games that need to be finished, then there's Half-Life.... I can't wait, though. :grin:

A few minutes ago Fred Sundvik (Programmer at Bugbear) told us the coming Patch isn`t only patching the Gameplay and graphic bugs, it will fix all Multiplayer problems, too!

The exact Releasedate of the Patch isn`t out yet.

This quote is from flatouthq.

Frigging awesome news. :woohoo:

Haven't tried the multiplayer yet... should do that. Are they ever going to release a track editor or something?

Hmm, I don't know about a track editor, but there is a high demand for it in the community.

I'm starting to love the sound-track. Especially I like "Killer Barbies". Is that a Finnish band?

Too bad the songs are hidden inside a big file. On the other hand, it's great that the game has only like 10 files. Games that have thousands of files are kind of annoying.

http://www.cgonline.com/content/view/220/2/

Computer Games - The US version of the game is due out this year. Does Bugbear have plans to add content (new tracks, cars, mini-games) to the US version that was not included in the European version?

Jussi Laakkonen - The final content of the US version can still change a bit, but what is sure is that the US version will have a couple major improvements over the Euro version. These key features will be announced shortly.

:partyhat:

[i bet they will release a patch for the euro version which will improve/fix/add all the things they want to improve/fix/add in the US version

http://articles.filefront.com/FlatOut_Interview/;446;;;/article.html

Q: Can we expect any expansions or additions to the game after its initial release?

A: At this point in time it is already safe to say that there will definitely be more of FlatOut, but for the near future we are focusing all our energy in making the US release the best we can.

Yeah...I'm glad I decided (decided...or in other words, my Mom wouldn't let me use her credit card...) to wait for this to come out here before buying. :mock:

...But seriously, that would suck if they didn't release a patch to update the Euro version to be up to par with the US version...suck for you guys, that is. :grin: