Sign in to follow this  
SecretAsianMan

AGDQ 2019

I've started watching the VODs.  I admit my enthusiasm for this event has waned over the years but its still fun to watch.  So far the Dead Cells race is a highlight.  It's really confusing if you aren't familiar with the game and probably still is even if you are but it's fast paced and very energetic.

The run for Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion (my favourite game of 2018) was really good, but the runner was a bit, uhh, I dunno, put me off a bit. His couch were three women who he forgot to introduce and then barely interacted with, which is a shame because I would have loved to hear them talk way more than he did. At one point he got up during a 5 minute cutscene and started doing the floss dance (poorly) for the whole duration. At least it got a lot of donations.

The Super Metroid run this year was reverse boss order and it's really intense.  A big chunk of the run is done without having the needed suits so Samus is constantly taking damage just from the environment.  There are multiple points in the route where the runner uses the crystal flash technique to restore his health, all of which are intended.