Wyatt_AK

[Dev Log] "Terrible" Jason Voorhees

I'm planning out my first ever submission to Wizard Jam (after an initial failed attempt several jams ago), and I think I've come up with a pretty strong concept:

A 2D, crudely drawn QWOP/Getting Over It-inspired physics comedy in which the player manipulates a janky Jason Voorhees into killing camp counselors.

I'm thinking either a similar control scheme to QWOP with a specific input for the machete-wielding arm or perhaps moving around by manipulating Jason's machete like the sledgehammer in Getting Over It. That said, I'm not super keen on just reskinning an existing concept into a different package (although that is more or less what Bennett Foddy did with Sexy Hiking) so I would greatly appreciate any sort of feedback on how I could make my take a little more unique, as right now I've got nothing. Opinions on whether I should explore a more QWOP-based control scheme or GOI/Sexy Hiking would also be appreciated.

Thanks for reading, and good luck to my fellow jammers!

Maybe you could incorporate some kind of auto-movement for the walking with some rhythm or timing-based slashing action. So still minimal controls, but emphasis on the well timed machete swipes to kill them camp teens good.

What if it was multiplayer and the other players were incompetently trying to qwop around to escape the qwopping killer? It's pretty ambitious so maybe better to set as a sort of 'stretch goal', but it is interesting to think about