General Fuzzy McBitty

Monkey Island

I've always had a place in my heart for the monkey island games. Now... the big question on my mind, in monkey island 2 on Dinkey Island, there's a phone that you can call the Lucas Arts Hint Line with.

One of the things you can ask is about a "stump joke" from monkey island 1. I've played MI1 several times, as has one of my friends, but we have found no such joke. We've even played the game specifically to find it.

I figured before I tried to contact Ron over it (as I'm almost certain he wouldn't answer) I thought I'd try to get answers from another source. This is something that's been bugging me for a while, and the recent interview has made it resurface in my thoughts.

Thanks,

Fuzzy

:mrt:

In the floppy version of the game, a stump in the forest on Meele appears when you get lost and if you click on it, the message will pop up promting you to insert disk 2834 or something.

In CMI, while in the Goodsoup crypt, if you stick your head through the crack in the wall, you will see Guybrush's head sticking from the said stump in a MI1-looking interface for a few seconds.

Hey, I'm not complaining. I was just wondering why no "oh no, this is not Adventure Gamers, go away" posts appeared.

Hey, I'm not complaining. I was just wondering why no "oh no, this is not Adventure Gamers, go away" posts appeared.

Does that mean I'm not allowed to say: S*nitari*m, :cens0r: Fandango, The :cens0r: Journey, Indiana :cens0r: and the Fate of :cens0r:, M*st, King's :cens0r:, or Day of the :cens0r:?

:naughty:

Does that mean I'm not allowed to say: S*nitari*m, :cens0r: Fandango, The :cens0r: Journey, Indiana :cens0r: and the Fate of :cens0r:, M*st, King's :cens0r:, or Day of the :cens0r:?

:naughty:

Actually You can say Grim Fandago all you want. That and Beyond Good and Evil. There needs to be a special section of this site devoted just to their worship.

I think it makes perfact sense. CDs are also disks. Besides that, anyone who is buying the game will realize that it was on disk. On top of that, they removed the stump joke from MI1, but left the referance to it in MI2... that makes no sense to me.

I guess my opinion is just a :fart: in the wind though...

:mrt:

Since the first time I played Monkey was a pirated copy, when my friend and I ran into that "joke" we thought we were missing a floppy! :P

Any idea as to why they didn't leave the stump joke in on the Monkey Island Madness version?

In an interview Gilbert gave forever ago he said that it was apparently a tech support nightmare and he wished he'd not put it in there in the first place.