Kolzig

PSP's opening price in Japan revealed

I spent a minute or so playing RR also. It's cooooool stuff. The game kinda sucks -- the physics are all wonky (it's ridge racer physics, same as the other games), but it's awful purty.

The PSP blows the DS away on every level. There's simply no comparison.

Yeah? Well, you're all Nazis!

You're a nazi and so is your mother!!!! Hahahahah!!!!!!!

I win. :innocent:

4,800 Gamers Unhappy with their PSP

In a recent interview, SCE president Ken Kutaragi disclosed that over 4,800 Japanese gamers have sent in their PSPs for repair due to issues with the triangle button. The complaint is that the button is not sensitive enough, requiring it be pressed stronger than the others. Kutaragi admitted that it wasn't an issue with the PSP as it was part of the design. Because of its close proximity to the screen, the sensor under the button is a bit misaligned. Kutaragi stated, "This is the design that we came up with. There may be people that complain about its usability, but that's something which users and game software developers will have to adapt to. I didn't want the PSP's LCD screen to become any smaller than this, nor did I want its machine body to become any larger."

Crikey! That's very interesting! :( I hope it's not too bad!

That means 145 euros, so is Sony going the Microsoft Xbox-way™?

Sell as much PSP machines as possible and meanwhile losing piles of cash in the production costs?

Sony have historically made a loss on their consoles. It's just good business sense as they make money from the software too!

So Sony conciously put a fault in the design, that sometimes makes one of the buttons stick? Good job.

Esseb, that would be wicked cool.

I can only imagine what it'd be like to port ScummVM over to the DS, complete with touch-screen point'n'click support. Oh, man.. :oldman: