RubixsQube

[Released] Stream Frasier Online Free

Haven't seen an episode of Frasier, but I really, really loved this.

Spoiler

I'll echo others in saying that the slow transition into authored content was an excellent idea and really well executed - me not knowing some of the references made it very inconspicuous at first. Really surprising, worked excellently. I was laughing out loud as I was playing, and loved that you took it to such a weird place. Have you played David Lynch Teaches Typing? Came to mind as I was playing through this.

This was incredible. I really liked the twist as it went.

My only complaint is that I can't click the X on the browser window in the menu to quit :P

@Teljoor - I appreciate your playing my game, and I definitely agree that something is a little wonky with line selection. I'm sure that if I spent more time with Fungus, I could make something that worked, but Fungus is surprisingly difficult to fumble around with unless you go and change the Unity assets themselves. 

@Zirrrus - I think that I agree about the shift coming a little suddenly. I didn't want bore my players, but it's hard to maintain a balance in an indie game between keeping things moving and also maintaining a steady tone in a compelling way. I am also glad to hear the game is clicking for people who have no Frasier experience. That's a weird bonus. 

@Nappi - I was ALSO surprised how the markov chain did at making gibberish sentences that kind of seemed like sentences the character might say. I found myself reading the lines in the voice of the character in my head, which was weird. Thanks for playing! 

@pdotjpg - Thank you for playing. I have not played David Lynch Teaches Typing, but mostly because I don't have a lot of knowledge of Lynch. But maybe that will make it more weird and fun? I should check it out.

@nkornek - I SHOULD ADD THAT AS A FEATURE. I don't know why I didn't think of that, thank you! 

Thank you everyone who has checked out this weird game! 

This is so weird and fun and goofy, I loved it. :tup:

Spoiler

The ending "toss salad and scrambled eggs" line reveal was *perfect*

I enjoyed how bleak it all seamed, and the hallucination/crash angle twist bit was great. It was nice to transition from random markov-ey text to "wait a minute...what is this, oh no, oh no, oh yes. yes! hahaaaa".