Lastair

[Dev Log] To Me, To Me, To Me

I'll be making a kind of purposely unwieldy arcade game based on the Important If True episode "To Me, To Me, To Me". 

Just put down the very basic mechanic:

tometometome1.gif.44081ce6ed96fd8fa1f84d11fe35c28c.gif

The idea is that you move the thing in the center by attracting it to the corners, pressing left, up or right, and pressing the key multiple times to go faster. Not sure what the objective is going to be, but I've got some basic ideas I'll be trying out.

"In fiction" the corners will be networked computers conducting some kind of negotiation (as in the origin of the To Me To Me To Me phrase), and I'll use some kind of crappy Microsoft Sam style text-to-speech to make them literally say To Me every time you press their button. Probably going to go for a glitchy pseudo-win95 / vaporwave / lo-fi a e s t h e t i c   to go with the audio nonsense.

The jam lined up with my vacation this time so I should be able to put some decent time into this. :yep:

I like the idea, and after a day, it's already looking pretty neat!

I like the concept and your idea about the aesthetics of the game! Looking forward to hearing what the goal of the game will be. :P

I could almost see it as trying to navigate some sort of maze but you can only pull in the 3 directions.

17 hours ago, nkornek said:

I could almost see it as trying to navigate some sort of maze but you can only pull in the 3 directions.

Yeah, or chasing objectives that spawn in the play field and having to hit them in time, or in a certain order.

Yeah I really like this control scheme. I think there's a lot you could do with it in terms of colour matching as an extra dimension as well.