Jake

Important If True: A Funky Bad (Good) Apology

Important If True !!:

Important If True <i>!!</i>

A Funky Bad (Good) Apology
This is a quick episode to let you all know that Important If True is going to be sporadic in the next couple of months, because we've all got slightly too much going on. Or, it was intended to be a quick episode about that, until Chris found a collection of novelty sound effects buttons in our recording software, then it became something slightly more stupid.

We'll be back next week with a full episode, but don't be surprised if a few upcoming episodes are missed or come in a little short.

If you're new to the show, we recommend you skip this episode, and browse back a couple weeks to find a full episode that sounds appealing. We're really proud of the last few months of the show and hope you enjoy it!

Discussed: Hello My Future Girlfriend

Send us your questions at [email protected]!

I think, in another timeline you guys kept doing Idle Thumbs, and around episode 360 a genie comes along and you guys wish you had made some changes to the podcast a couple of years earlier. This postcard signing, Robot-Nick timeline is the one you get transferred to. I have to say, I'm not in love with it, but I am loving it.

Honestly though, please be as sporadic as you need to be. I for example wouldn't mind if IiT became fortnightly.

When this episode ended on a hard cut and my podcast app immediately went into the MBMBAM episode I had queued, I thought that the IIT episode was still running and Chris had somehow stitched together some kind of MBMBAM parody. I was laughing hysterically as all the normal MBMBAM preshow stuff played before I realized this was definitely not the case. 10/10 would listen again

This was great. I was laughing so hard. The classic thumbs chemistry Is what I'm here for always, so just keep being yourselves! :tup:

Despite being about very little, the extra ~15 minutes of random banter and Chris' use of the sound board "rimshot" to punctuate things made me laugh hard enough to wake up my wife. The watermark for any quality content.

It can't possibly be good for your character or your immortal souls to just record this bullshit and then have a bunch of fans tell you how much they love it.

But sorry, I'm lovin' it.  This is the bullshit I crave.

7 hours ago, Urthman said:

It can't possibly be good for your character or your immortal souls to just record this bullshit and then have a bunch of fans tell you how much they love it.

But sorry, I'm lovin' it.  This is the bullshit I crave.

I do think Important If True is too much of one thing. The thing that made the Thumbs' madness really shine for me was how it contrasted the ordinary discussion. Sometimes the ordinary discussion was very sincere and very focused, sometimes more rambling, but Idle Thumbs tended to have a lot more grounded portions. Even if I felt they sometimes tried too hard to constrain themselves from reverting to the bullshit.

I do look forward to my weekly dose of pods, but I also do kind of miss the guys discussing things seriously.

22 hours ago, unimural said:

I do think Important If True is too much of one thing. The thing that made the Thumbs' madness really shine for me was how it contrasted the ordinary discussion. Sometimes the ordinary discussion was very sincere and very focused, sometimes more rambling, but Idle Thumbs tended to have a lot more grounded portions. Even if I felt they sometimes tried too hard to constrain themselves from reverting to the bullshit.

I do look forward to my weekly dose of pods, but I also do kind of miss the guys discussing things seriously.

Totally agreed. I fear that, similar to the pressure to always have something game-related to discuss for IT, the pressure to always be zany for IIT will make it less fun to do in the long run. You can already kind of feel it coming due to the increasing amount of "this is garbage delete this" going on in each newer pod.

Don't take me wrong, I'm enjoying the Content, but I worry.

My favorite episodes are the ones that are a mix of the personal (life stories from us, advice questions from readers) mixed with the absurd news and hypothetical nonsense that come up. The tricky thing about IIT is it’s completely contingent on what comes into the email inbox each week. I love doing the show, though. 

Yeah, you guys should dial back on the goofy fictional stuff like Amazon Alexa, statue-loving birds, New Zealand AI scams, Gak ingredients, Martin Shkreli, and "Marmite" and get back to talking about real stuff like segregated Fallout vaults, the biography of ex-Chancellor Mayor Ragnar, Cheatin' Hitman, and Luigi lore.

After all, "Important if True" is logically equivalent to "Not Important if False."

Haven't heard such wonderful 'byyyye' related content since early 2000's Jam. Am definitely loving it.