Sign in to follow this  
Rob Zacny

Episode 427: Northgard

Three Moves Ahead 427:

Three Moves Ahead 427

Northgard
This week Rob and Troy "Canadians are just as tough as Vikings" Goodfellow are joined by Waypoint's Ian Boudreau and Cameron Kunzelman to talk about Shiro Games' Northgard. A reasonably-paced RTS set in the time of Vikings, Northgard gives you a thoughtful, boardgame-like experience that isn't focused on APM. Northgard turns the tables on traditional RTS games by emphasizing a small number of precious units rather than throwing hordes at the player. The winters can be brutal, but Northard earns a strong recommendation from the panel.

Northgard

You sold me on this game halfway in, purchased and started playing. I love the look and the pace of it. So much nicer to play than a stressful competitive RTS

Well, that's another RTS game after They Are Billions that 3MA has sold me on. The allusions towards this being effectively "Agricola With Warfare" were already more than I needed, but then there was another hour of fun conversation to further impress me. Good job and great cast, everyone!

What difficulty y'all playing on for the campaign? I ran up against a stalemate with enemy ships dropping soldiers continually killing my army, only three or four missions in 😞