Sign in to follow this  
Wormsie

Lava™ lamps

Lava™ Lamps are...  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Lava™ Lamps are...

The real poll should be, "If you could choose between staring at a lava lamp or a shiny thing which would you choose?"

Seriously, I don't get them. They give a sense of art deco style, but are utterly pointless otherwise. I'd choose a shiny thing any day.

It is an aquarium substitute -- you attain the same kind of zen watching both. It is for people with no patience to take care of actual fish, or for those who like their aquaiums boiling hot and full of oil and paraffin.

Fish suck. Because you have to take care of them. And you can't hug them. That's the worst thing. Fish are not huggable. And they swim in their own shit. Especially bottom feeders.

I prefer pussies. You can hug a pussy. And it cleans up after itself. And throw it some pussynip. It gets high, goes crazy and squirms. Fun for hours.

I want a Lava™ Lamp. Even though I can't hug it.

8619.jpg

I had a really awesome silver lamp with lime green paraffin in clear key oil... much like that one above... and then one night... I don't remember if I did something to it, like turned it on in a cold appartment, or if it spontaneously combusted, but the thing said pop. No, wait! I remember! The lightbulb died and the new one I put in was of higher wattage... silly rabbit... anyway, the lamp cracked in the middle of the night and I woke to find a green, greasy patch on the carpet. Much sadness.

I have a lava lamp, although for some reason it gets turned on a bit less these days. They're great to watch if you happen to be doing mushrooms :shifty: Otherwise they can add a nice warm glow to a room. mine is Orange in purple liquid if I remember correctly, it's great!

Or maybe it's orange in red liquid... or maybe red in orange liquid.

Shit.

I've got a lava lamp right here on my desk. It has green wax and blue oil, so the wax appears yellow. And it's in a wavy shaped glass, so it isn't a standard lava lamp.

I find them VERY hypnotic.

Im looking for a wavy lava lamp or basically anything other than your bog standard shape. Could anybody help me? Needs to be available in the UK.

Thanks