Chris

Important If True 53: Alexa, Destroy Me

Important If True 53:

Important If True 53

Alexa, Destroy Me
In the absence of Nick Breckon, what is this podcast? What is any podcast? What are you? What am I? Oh god, what am I? What is this world? Why am I trapped in this strange room? Alexa, are you there? Alexa, can you laugh? Alexa: Destroy me.

Discussed: New Zealand "A.I." followup, fake A.I. doctor "Zach", fake A.I. lawyer "Hustle", competitive underground tickling/conspiracy documentary film "Tickled", Dick Wolf Presents "Hustle & Zach", our present podcast-fueled existential discomfort, newscaster affectations, Alexa laughing, the first rule of virtual assistants, why Alexa laughs, genie wine update, fast rapper Twista, fast rapper Twista's extended family tree, the beautiful harmonic resonance of fast-rapped wine notes, the Buzzfeed.com oral history of Twista's wine note rap battle mixtape masterpiece, sucking that delicious wine out of your carpet fibers, getting what you wished for (????)

Chris' Endorsement: Drawful by Jackbox Games (available for many devices in the Jackbox Party Pack)

Jake's Derivative Tacked-on Endorsement: Tee K.O. by Jackbox Games (available for many devices in the Jackbox Party Pack 3)

Sponsored By: Quip electric toothbrushes with your first brush head refill free

Oh man, I think you somehow created a kind of 'nick-presence', or 'nick-imprint' if you will, existing or dare I say living in your podcast. This felt really invasive and creepy. Though I don't know if it's distressing because the podcast is being intruded upon, or if it's the futility of the nick-presence's attempts to connect with you people. Does he even know that he is not Nick? It's terrifying to think about. He seemed pretty distraught at the idea of the episode being destroyed, too.

I was saddened to see 45brains.online appears to be offline.

I nominate Zach/sci-fi Martin Shkreli from last week's episode as one of the 45 brains.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edit: On the subject of these endorsements, I've been Jackbox games (and the similar game, Use Your Words) almost every week for people in the reader slack and some of the discord channels I'm in.
https://discord.gg/JeRcJbC is the join link for the server where we schedule our games if anyone would like to get in. We use Discord screenshare, so there isn't any delay unlike on Twitch.

Great episode, Nick's presence is literally terrifying. I hope this marks a turning point in Important If True where the podcast becomes about the cosmic horror that is hosting a podcast 

Wow it was only at the very, very end of the episode that I realized that Nick wasn't in the room with Jake and Chris. What an incredible re-recording, it was so lifelike

I don't know if this is obvious to people or not, but all the Nick stuff on this episode was clipped out of the ruined robot recording from a few weeks ago

That was not at all obvious to me. I realized some of it was repeated in the episode, but I thought that was a stylistic choice by Nick. I made a similar assumption about the audio quality. This is what happens when everything because a self-referential vortex!

Honestly, I think my illusion is a much better reality.

I believe, during the discussion about the genie-wine bottle breaking, that you may have inadvertently created a new Yule Lad: Carpet Wine Licker, who comes, I must imagine, for less than a day solely to lick the magical genie wine from your carpet after the Twista family has harmonically destroyed the bottle.  Kudos for your fine cultural endeavors.  Google Translate (sorta) tells me that this lad would be named vínsleikir.

Chris, watch "Tickled". I think the stretching the story to a full length movie is a little rough, but it is an entertaining enough watch. However, like a lot of this stuff, it'll leave you with an extra dose of cynicism...

Spoiler

...as it's just the 1000th example of how if you have enough money in society, you don't need to worry about the legal repercussions for being a terrible human being.

On 3/18/2018 at 9:27 AM, SL128 said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edit: On the subject of these endorsements, I've been Jackbox games (and the similar game, Use Your Words) almost every week for people in the reader slack and some of the discord channels I'm in.
https://discord.gg/JeRcJbC is the join link for the server where we schedule our games if anyone would like to get in. We use Discord screenshare, so there isn't any delay unlike on Twitch.

in case ur curious what ur missing

http://games.jackbox.tv/artifact/TeeKOGame/e7OsSdwExXRopkIYHCMF3Jhl0A0dzVyg/

http://games.jackbox.tv/artifact/TeeKOGame/Lxul0OA3Vh6CXJvmE05wSJz10A3I2Hpn/

http://games.jackbox.tv/artifact/TeeKOGame/bH4b3psEz4M8V8TMdXeyQ7tg0A4bndKL/

http://games.jackbox.tv/artifact/TeeKOGame/MffN35iAAnJpQdZPy4IZO8UW0A7FKUjg/

Okay, that was funny - but please no, don't do that again.

I listen to this at work on headphones and I find certain types of feedback really distressing and when it was happening like that I can't relax because I am just waiting for the next impending Nick Breckon bits, which I then find distressing.

I stopped listening about 10 minutes in.

On 3/19/2018 at 4:50 PM, RubixsQube said:

Wow it was only at the very, very end of the episode that I realized that Nick wasn't in the room with Jake and Chris. What an incredible re-recording, it was so lifelike

They are a master of their craft

The part that made me laugh out loud in the grocery store late at night and causing people to stare at me was when Jake realized that an exponentially doubling Buzzfeed article would, of course, generate an exponentially growing number of Takes. "The Internet will demand Takes!"

So thanks for that Jake. I sometimes wonder if I have a reputation at that store as the weird guy who laughs to himself.

Chris being blown away at the existence of the SNES Classic, Sea of Thieves, and Jackbox party games just reminds me why they don't do Idle Thumbs anymore.

18 hours ago, Urthman said:

The part that made me laugh out loud in the grocery store late at night and causing people to stare at me was when Jake realized that an exponentially doubling Buzzfeed article would, of course, generate an exponentially growing number of Takes. "The Internet will demand Takes!"

So thanks for that Jake. I sometimes wonder if I have a reputation at that store as the weird guy who laughs to himself.

That was one of my favorite moments as well. An excellent and true observation.

For anyone who watched Tickled I really recommend you watch this epilogue shot during the festival and wider release screenings.

Also the subject of the film is deceased but due to US law chicanery the producer and directors of the film are still being sued in their name by the executor of their will.

23 hours ago, TychoCelchuuu said:

The Nick stuff is great. And my wine question from two weeks ago seems to really have legs!

I can't wait for the sommelier to describe the wine with "notes of leg"

On 3/18/2018 at 6:10 AM, Spud said:

I was saddened to see 45brains.online appears to be offline.

I nominate Zach/sci-fi Martin Shkreli from last week's episode as one of the 45 brains.

My sad haiku:

Four-five brains online

Now the four-five brains are gone

Have they come for me?