Steve

Tone Control Season 2 Episode 7: Meggan Scavio of GDC!

Tone Control 21:

Tone Control 21

Meggan Scavio
Anyone who's been to GDC knows, it's a massive, vibrant, overwhelming, inspiring event. As a game developer, it's one of the most important weeks of the year-- and holy hell, it seems like a lot to manage, generally! So I spoke to Meggan Scavio, longtime General Manager of GDC (who's now moved on to be President of the AIAS, running the DICE conference instead) about her years helping to shape what GDC is, and how she came to run some of the biggest and most exciting game development events in the world.

Topics Discussed: Omaha, Nebraska; teenage hardcore shows; antique roadshows; printed circuit board gatherings; SAVOR; etc.

I'm just catching up with season two and wanted to thank you for this great podcast! I hope even though it is pretty quiet in here everybody is listening to Tone Control.

Oh, and Gone Home and Tacoma are fantastic also. I convinced friends to play Gone Home who don't play games, and they loved it.

On 3/3/2018 at 12:18 AM, castorp said:

I'm just catching up with season two and wanted to thank you for this great podcast! I hope even though it is pretty quiet in here everybody is listening to Tone Control.

Oh, and Gone Home and Tacoma are fantastic also. I convinced friends to play Gone Home who don't play games, and they loved it.

Hey, thank you so much for the kind words (on all fronts!) Yeah, as much as on some level I really do Tone Control for myself (as an excuse to talk to cool people in the industry about Real Stuff we usually wouldn't chat about) I hope people are listening to S2 and enjoying it as well! Thanks for saying hi :)

Lovely chat! Thanks as always :)

One small note of criticism, there were points that it was a bit frustrating for me to not hear the end of where she was going with something due to you interrupting / finishing the thought. 

4 hours ago, osmosisch said:

Lovely chat! Thanks as always :)

One small note of criticism, there were points that it was a bit frustrating for me to not hear the end of where she was going with something due to you interrupting / finishing the thought. 

Ahh, I'll try to keep it in mind! This was my first session after not having recorded one of these for a number of years, so maybe I got more into the flow as I recorded more this season. Thanks for the note!

Yeah, I think that's probably it! Things also noticeably improved as the talk went on.

It's amusing to me to get two podcast episodes with so much crosstalk back-to-back (Soren's talk with Chris is also like this). It's probably partially because you're friends with the other speaker and know them well enough to see where things are going.

Anyway, thanks again for the great series.