Gwardinen

Monster Hunter World on PS4

Hey all, I've started an Idle Thumbs squad on the PS4 version of Monster Hunter World. If you want to be invited, add me on PSN (Gwardinen). Unfortunately the interface is a bit weird and we need to be in the same online session for me to send out invites.  I'll probably keep a squad session up quite a lot while playing, so feel free to join if you're already in the squad!

The multiplayer system has been little confusing, so here's the basics as I currently understand them:

• Everyone who's online is in a "session" with other online players. You can (but don't have to) join quests being prepared or that're underway with other members of your session at the quest board.
  • You can add a passcode to your quest if you don't want anyone in your session from being able to join.
  • Being in a squad (and having that squad selected as your active squad) allows you to join a "squad session" if one exists, or create one if it doesn't. That way everyone in a squad can just choose to drop into the squad session when they login.
  • Joining a squad requires you to be invited into it by the squad leader while in a session with them (no idea why).
  • Expeditions are not joinable in multiplayer in the usual way - the person on the expedition has to first fire a flare and then they become joinable via the SOS menu by anyone who's online (not just members of your session).

Hopefully once we get a decent number of people in the squad we'll just have a lightly active squad session running most of the time, so Thumbs can just casually drop in and out of quests with each other.

So has anyone actually been participating in this? Lack of replies makes me think maybe not

There are some people in the squad, but things have quietened down now. There’s still occasionally some chatter in #monhun in Slack, and things might pick up again a bit when Deviljho is introduced this week.