Sign in to follow this  
WeyounNumber6

Far Cry 2 now Backwards Compatible on Xbox One

I feel like it's the XBox One that's backwards compatible with Far Cry 2? Far Cry 2 seems like now it's forward compatible with the XBox One. Because if Far Cry 2 was going backwards it would work on the original XBOX. But maybe the XBox One is the original XBOX, because there's the XBox One X, which is abbreviated XBOX? Is Far Cry 2 on the Switch yet? Can I roll a cardboard grenade down a hill?

55 minutes ago, TychoCelchuuu said:

Can I roll a cardboard grenade down a hill?

I love that this meme is associated forever with Far Cry 2 when it's actually from Fallout 3.

11 hours ago, WeyounNumber6 said:

I don't think I could have a more perfect first thread on Idle Thumbs.

What would that be? I think it would need a jif.

Waluigi, wearing MeUndies and riding a big dog, jumps over a Casper mattress, vomits a meme to the tune of The Nutcracker, looks at the camera - "Stay spicy, 20XX" - then gallops away before a grenade rolls down a hill and destroys them. "Threat a-neutralized!"

:tup:

Edit. Ok, that whole image of someone riding a big dog is giving me deja-vu. Did they talk about this or something similar on the podcast?

On topic, is anybody using the backwards compatibility? I'm hoping to pick up a second-hand One S this year as 4K bluray player and I'm glad I'll be able to use it as a 360 too (sold mine years ago but kept the games.) It'll be nice having the ability to play Nuts & Bolts again, but does anybody actually use it?

I use it all the time.

I've been replaying Child of Eden, Rage, Frontlines: Fuel of War, EDF 2017 and Driver: San Francisco. I can't find my copy of Far Cry 2 though.

On 19/1/2018 at 3:58 AM, TychoCelchuuu said:

I feel like it's the XBox One that's backwards compatible with Far Cry 2? Far Cry 2 seems like now it's forward compatible with the XBox One. Because if Far Cry 2 was going backwards it would work on the original XBOX. But maybe the XBox One is the original XBOX, because there's the XBox One X, which is abbreviated XBOX? Is Far Cry 2 on the Switch yet? Can I roll a cardboard grenade down a hill?

Does Far Cry 2 have an XBow on XBox?

When have we cried far enough?