zerofiftyone

SHOWCASE WEEKEND // Welcome Thread

showcaseweekend.thumb.png.521dddff7546a72154875938f027898e.png

Hey all! It's nearly time for the Showcase Weekend. This is something we tried for WJ5 to encourage people to give each other more feedback after the jam, and decided to keep going for this jam. 

If you're streaming the games on Twitch this weekend, feel free to promote your channel and streaming schedule in this thread.

I'll be streaming some WizJam games over at twitch.tv/feeona

Unsure when as I have other weekend plans but it will be done. :o

Yeap, I'll also be streaming as per usual but not sure of timing. I'll post in the #wizardjam slack channel whenever I do. :)

I have decided that I will schedule my stream so that people can prepare ahead of time. I will begin streaming at 4:00 PM PST, which is 3 hours and 45 minutes from right now. Convert to your own time zones as you wish!

2 hours ago, RubixsQube said:

Here's the video of my playthrough.

PING

Sorry this was so frustrating! There was one key thing that would make the targeting easier. Guess you have to try it over and over. Ha! You'll never look at it again.

3 hours ago, Travis said:

Sorry this was so frustrating! There was one key thing that would make the targeting easier. Guess you have to try it over and over. Ha! You'll never look at it again.

It was mostly frustrating because I didn't have a huge amount of time between locking on and grabbing the lever right at 00 seconds to fire the missile. I did it once, but as you saw, every time I tried I would either miss the window or fire too early since I didn't have enough seconds counting down to judge when 00 would happen. On re-watching myself, I don't know if I can see what key thing I was missing. I'll pop back in and fumble around more.

2 minutes ago, RubixsQube said:

It was mostly frustrating because I didn't have a huge amount of time between locking on and grabbing the lever right at 00 seconds to fire the missile. I did it once, but as you saw, every time I tried I would either miss the window or fire too early since I didn't have enough seconds counting down to judge when 00 would happen. On re-watching myself, I don't know if I can see what key thing I was missing. I'll pop back in and fumble around more.

try moving the X to get more time

17 hours ago, RubixsQube said:

Thanks for checking it out! I definitely should have spent additional time on the tutorial figuring out how to make the movement-sound/no-sound difference more obvious.

About to start streaming (~5 mins from this post). I'll edit this with the VOD uploaded to YT and tagged with timings once I'm done. :)

EDIT: Here you go everyone!

4:00 - Phaedrus 2010
16:30  - (A Wish Upon) Some Kind of Star Drifter
36:30 - Awkwardness And Harmony
43:00 - Block Busters: The Black Case
49:20 - Cavorting Amongst the Corpses
1:04:48 - Celebrity Explainer

1:20 - The Garfing Garfo
15:51 - Christmas Is Canceled
23:20 - Concentric
35:00 - Dunkin’ Bronuts
37:25 - From Earth to Pluto
46:50 - General Interest
56:00 - Get Hoisted
1:09:00 - Hold on to Your BUTTON
1:19:20 - Ping

2:10 - Idiots Laughing
8:00 - Il Panino di Brutto Sogno
15:05 - Join and Undermine
28:20 - Knocking on Hell’s Floor
33:10 - Pizza Tonight!
40:00 - Serious Ma’am
44:30 - SHADOW of SOMETHING
55:00 - Shoot That Pizza
58:40 - The Boots, The Obelisk and the Eye
1:05:50 - The Mind-Tech Contingency
1:10:30 - The Real Monkeys
1:14:00 - The Rooster’s Stupid Secret
1:27:20 - The World Begins With You
1:57:45 - Veggie Panino Tactics

On 1/7/2018 at 3:32 PM, TychoCelchuuu said:

Stream finished! You can watch it here. I ended up playing most of the games in the Jam, so scrub on through to find your favorite! I'm a Twitch Affiliate now which I think means the video will stick around for a while (maybe forever??).

It'll stick around for 60 days. Regardless of if you're an affiliate or partner or regular user, you can always highlight a video (and like, make that highlight the entire archived video if you want) to save it forever (until Twitch's servers crash and burn).

I haven't gotten to play too many games yet,but I plan to during the week. If you feel your game has been a little light on the downloads or you just want more feedback, please send me a PM here or in slack and I would love to play it. It stinks to make a game and then just watch it sit there, so don't let that happen to yours!

On 1/8/2018 at 6:04 PM, phill said:

About to start streaming (~5 mins from this post). I'll edit this with the VOD uploaded to YT and tagged with timings once I'm done. :)

On 1/8/2018 at 6:04 PM, phill said:

2:10 - Idiots Laughing

Thank you for playing my dumb game! It's really fun to see people struggle with the weird controls, as that's kind of the point. The way the movement works is that you only gain momentum in the cardinal directions (up, down, left, and right), and you have to keep repeatedly pressing the buttons to increase the velocity in that direction. The ship sprite rotates with the velocity vector, which tricks the brain somewhat. In the end, I have to divorce myself of paying attention to the way the ship is pointing if I want to collect items.

I'm sad that nobody has streamed the two player mode, since it's really something else trying to maneuver hands around on a keyboard.