Sign in to follow this  
RocKIn

[Released] Shoot That Pizza

Hi everyone!

My friends and I are new in game development so we decided to join Wizard Jam 6 for creating a game in the holiday. And the jam is our first jam site in itch.io.

The topic that we choose is Idle Thumbs Episode 113 SHOOT THAT PIZZA.

Our concept is player must deliver a pizza to each customer by typing a pizza order in time.

image.png

Finally, We are happy so much when we completed this game. We hope our game can make you fun. :)

itch.io (Win/Web versions available): https://itch.io/jam/wizard-jam-6/rate/210773

GitHub: https://github.com/seaiin/shoot-that-pizza

Very fun and whimsical! I'm not that great at typing so I liked that the words were just 3 letters, but when the speed ramped up it was still challenging.

Good details: Ingredients getting added with every right key press (maybe a wrong key could also reduce score). Using the same typing idea for menus (STR, HTP, AGN) :tup:

I too enjoyed the typing-based menus! Though I couldn't figure out how to return to the main screen after game over, but I was having some viewport issues in the webgl version that could have prevented something from showing up.

I liked the difficulty curve. Seeing the houses pile up as I tried to play catch-up was a nice preview of how quick I would have to type in a moment.

Thanks for the GitHub link! It's neat to download/browse everyone's code to try to learn something new.

A very fun game! Using repetitive sort texts (as opposed to random words) is a nice variant in typing games. The music made me smile a lot!

Some of the texts don't quite fit the screen on my setup (16:9, 2560x1440 if that helps), but it didn't affect the gameplay.pizza_help.png.75ec536621b7f49dac067ec6f8572f98.png