Tog

Block Busters: The Black Case

Hi everyone!

This is my first Jam and also my first atempt to make a game. I'm just studing yet, but I thought it's can be better with the comunity support. Any tip or suggestion is very welcome.

I modified the title a little, but it's totally based on one of the podcasts.

I decide to start with some basic mechanics, and put a little creativety on the context to make it more fun.

It's about a spaceship that was trapped in a alien planet and, to get out, need to destroy thousands of blocks. I'd like the result had more diferent stages and items, but time is short, and i think all i can do before the deadline is a score system and maybe lifes. But it's ok.

I hope its enjoynable. =D

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

I like the look of the tiles a lot, and it looks like it will be fun. The fused bomb tile is a nice variant to have in there. Will there be other special tiles?

Thank you guys. Yes Travis, I intend to make special items for life and balls too. Maybe some block that needs to be avoided, I don't know yet. Any suggestion are welcome =D

This looks good! Seems like it is sort of a breakout-style game, but going on infinitely instead of level-based. I haven't played a game like this in a while, but some power-ups that I remember are: larger ball, wider paddle/ship, and multiple balls. Of course, those may not work as well with your 'continuous scrolling' design. If you add lives, then gaining extra lives could also be a power-up.

Thanks Teljoor!

Yeah, I plan to continue developing and each new level will have new special itens and I  also want to make some bosses. What I can do for the Jam is published on the itch.io  at the following address:

https://guilhermetognetti.itch.io/block-busters-the-black-case

I liked the experience, the deadline, the comunity suporte.

I've learned a lot e a very few time. I hope you guys enjoy the current result. And please give-me any feedback. I know there are somethings need to be improved but I'd like to hear your feedback too.

I find these kinds of games fun and this is not an exception!

Recovering is quite difficult once the blocks get close to you (as you move too slowly to catch the ball after it bounces), and I wished there was some single use items that I could use to clear some rows instantly. I liked the idea of special tiles, and hope that you will add more of those (maybe you already have, and I just didn't get far enough to see them).