brendonsmall

[Released!] Get Hoisted

Update: The game is out now! 

https://whilefun.itch.io/get-hoisted

screen00.thumb.jpg.b6ae44d44dd67fe7b16a7804e707b462.jpg

(Original post below for posterity)

Friends, it's time for some service. It's time to...

5a340e0989d20_WJ6GetHoistedTeasercopy.jpg.d7db5cf172e14c6849997649351a67b4.jpg

(I cannot express the level of excitement I am feeling for this game)

Edit Update: January 7, 2018

Back at it. Giving myself a deadline of "about 2 weeks" to get this finished up. Excited to back at it!

Oh my yes. Is that the taxi game from a previous jam where you had to do sick jumps and collect letters?

5 hours ago, phill said:

Oh my yes. Is that the taxi game from a previous jam where you had to do sick jumps and collect letters?

Yes indeed it is. Now it's time to take a look at life inside the Somewhat Crazy Taxi Co.

Update the first: Blocking out my basic level. I am trying to make it realistically sized for cabs to drive in while remaining small enough that I can detail it and make it play well. Also did a topographic map to ensure that this section fits into the building layout as seen from the outside in Crusin': For Somethin'

For reference, the multiple cabs are there so make sure the drive lines make sense - i.e. can a car actually make the turns around the pillars and corners and stuff.

WizardJam6_Update001.gif.ed9f5f007bbfcec24b5f12cd3b7b0aa1.gif

Blocked out hoist sort of works now

WizardJam6Progress002.gif.c168c1f6c9e7d1e7045587b3bcce588f.gif

I think I might have to give the cab an HD remake so I can have meshes for lug nuts, parts underneath the car, removable tires, etc. I might even strive for an opening hood and trunk. The cab will definitely be the centerpiece of the game.

Also really tempting to have saggy shocks for when the car is off the ground. This could get really complicated really quickly.

Hey Wizard Jamming comrades,

I am unfortunately going to have to put this project on ice for the time being. Life being what it is, some family stuff happened over the last few days and I just won't be able to finish for the 31st. 

I'll be cheering from the sidelines, and can't wait to play all your weird games.

That's too bad. I hope everything gets sorted out, and that you will be able to get back to the game eventually. I'm really interested to check this game out out even if it doesn't get finished within the nominal jam window.

On 2017-12-26 at 8:06 PM, brendonsmall said:

I am unfortunately going to have to put this project on ice for the time being. Life being what it is, some family stuff happened over the last few days and I just won't be able to finish for the 31st.

Aww man, I hope you get back to it even if it doesn't make it into the Jam. It looks great.

Sorry to hear you are having to deal with some stuff. Best of luck to you, and don't worry, we will play your game whenever it comes out.

Back in the saddle to finish this up before in the next couple weeks. Working on a sort of intentionally lame rear-projected movie type skybox of the rooftop area above the garage. This will allow the player to see the original Cruisin' cityscape and increase Gamer Immersion Feels™

skybox.gif.9721f8fecba4b4ed7821c2bb0b188c3c.gif

Woohoo!

Yes, the hoisting can't be stopped! I'm excited to return to the expanding Cruisin' Cinematic Universe.

Lug nut test was successful. Note: it's pretty finicky to get a model and cutout texture and separate animated 3D model to all play nicely together. But it's getting there...

lugNuts.gif.92e8d4b323d56e33bcada183160b1e8b.gif

Got the wheels working, so you can remove the lugs, remove and replace the tire, and replace the lugs. Hoping the attached video works on the forum post!

It didn't work, so here's an embedded twitter video link (I hope):