crash

Fight Garbage with Garbage [Devlog]

Hi all!  This is my first forum post, my first Wizard Jam, and my first game jam.

I will be trying to make Fight Garbage with Garbage, a short, first-person, bullet-hell game where you use a never-ending spew of trash to battle a colossal garbage can.

I will be making the game in Unity, as I have some experience experimenting with the engine.  I have plenty of experience with object-oriented programming, and absolutely no experience in modelling or drawing.  I may end up asking for some of those mini-contributions that were mentioned in the welcome post; for instance, lots of drawings of miscellaneous garbage.

I may not succeed.

Either way, the net amount of garbage on this earth is about to increase.

merry trashmas.png

Nice to see new people joining the jam!

I'm not sure how much time I'll have away from making my own game but I may be able to help you with some basic 3D modelling if needed. 

This game is looking trash! :D Love the 'advanced AI'. Also like how you chose the scale of the can and how small the player looks like they will be compared to it.

The fact that the trash can has a damage zone on its lid and body already make your game more tactical than Metroid Prime. I like it!