Marek

Monkeys.

Are monkeys all that great?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are monkeys all that great?

• Yes!
    • No!

I think exceptions can be made for Jojo the Monkey, and possibly Mr. Nelson from Pippi Longstocking. But no further.

Yay! It's ham psychology time kids! Woo!

Monkeys symbolise the cosmic joker. They are small and childlike, possessed of an almost supernatural energy. Like Loki, Mercury and other gods they combine infant innocence with a mischievous, sometimes spiteful streak. In Tarot this is represented by the Fool.

The monkey nature is...irrepressable!

Heheheh monkeys rock

Monkeys symbolise the cosmic joker. They are small and childlike, possessed of an almost supernatural energy. Like Loki, Mercury and other gods they combine infant innocence with a mischievous, sometimes spiteful streak. In Tarot this is represented by the Fool.

Shit, that's way too close to home with me. But I don't consider myself a monkey, more like some gremlin imp space alien who loves martinis.

Don't fook with me, Treesus, I'll sprinkle chili pepper in your underpants.

Yay! It's ham psychology time kids! Woo!

The monkey nature is...irrepressable!

Heheheh monkeys rock

I was under the impression that the coyote represented the stock trickster deity.

I was under the impression that the coyote represented the stock trickster deity.

Yes, in regions devoid of monkeys the foxlike creature is traditionally the trickster (coyote, reynard, hengeyoki - in north America, Britain and Japan respectively). But now thge monkey symbol seems to have spread worldwide.