Chris

Important If True 40: Tactical Turtle and the Songsmith

I was slightly mad that the microphone was shown pictured on the monitor, rather than placed physically in front of the monitor.

Also mildly disappointed that there wasn't a max headroomy geometric effect bluescreened behind him.

On 12/17/2017 at 4:01 PM, root said:

I was slightly mad that the microphone was shown pictured on the monitor, rather than placed physically in front of the monitor.

That’s the real microphone nick uses to record! We tried placing a real mic in front of the screen but it doesn’t hold up to the different camera angles - nick is either blocked by it or it appears to be hovering in front of nothing. 

I've been super behind and slowly catching up and I just want to say learning about the corn vs maize battle on wikipedia has been one of the most wonderful things.

I can't let any mention of In Our Time slide without linking to this excellent tribute to Melvyn Bragg's incomparable ability to segue smoothly through the word 'Hello' to a semi-cold introduction to the podcast without a comma, parenthesis, or pause for breath. It's always so good.

That is so good. I am listening to this and imagining that he is approaching me at a party and using these as chat-up lines.