Sign in to follow this  
TychoCelchuuu

In the Valley of Gods - Indie-film Ana Jones (Campo Santo's New Valve Game) is Canceled Forever

I love companion lady's character design!  I don't think it crosses a line of being too sexualised, and I actually feel like her body type is very similar to mine just slightly more cartoony, rather than the same bombshell hourglass figures you generally see in video games.  

Her hair is perfect too.

So excited for this game! 

4 hours ago, jennegatron said:

I just want to go on record that I think that Tycho belongs in jail for this forum thread name though.

If you mean AWARD JAIL where they put the people who get AWARDS for doing GOOD THINGS then okay.

23 hours ago, Roderick said:

The best part, though, is the precious video real estate spent on the operation of the antique camera with all its knobs and twists. I can picture the Campo Santo folks obsessing over getting all of that right.

Yes! The fact that most of the climactic scene of the trailer is just a long animation of setting up an old film camera made me so happy. :tup:

13 hours ago, pabosher said:

“We named the dog Zora!!”

The DOOOOOG?!

I've spent a couple of days in the Valley of the Kings. That place has a very otherworldly feel to it. I hope I'll be able to get some of that experience again. Trailer looks great. 

On 12/8/2017 at 10:02 AM, Vainamoinen said:

And in the Unreal Engine, all this can run so much better than in Unity (nothing against Unity though).

It’s definitely Unity! (I’m curious what made you assume it was Unreal?)

3 hours ago, Chris said:

It’s definitely Unity! (I’m curious what made you assume it was Unreal?)

Possibly, this? :)

95e0086a1f7a942cc67488135cbfffab_unreal.

(Different game, I see.)

Ah well! By 2019, I have GOT to have that new computer anyway. Because this old cat doesn't make any big leaps any more. And Dreamfall Chapters certainly brought it to its very Unity limits.

Gotta lot of fond memories of that doANYWAY this game looks awesome. I would like the film-loading animations to be three times as long as she fiddles with threading it through the camera, though.

4 hours ago, Vainamoinen said:

Possibly, this? :)

Ah, I see. Yeah, Olly isn't working on this game.

Hey do y'all have some high-res versions of the released art for download? I'd really love to use it for a facebook header or my desktop background or something :)

Tycho, award jail is still a jail for criminals.

You guys went on a days long hiking/camping trip plus at least one person knew the Wyoming wilderness pretty well. How are you/did you tackle getting to know the setting this time?

On 12.12.2017 at 1:47 AM, Chris said:

Ah, I see. Yeah, Olly isn't working on this game.

Sad to hear. Of course, whoever worked on that trailer absolutely has an eye for composition as well.

8 hours ago, Jutranjo said:

How are you/did you tackle getting to know the setting this time?

Jake and Sean will replay "The Tomb of Sammun-Mak" fifty times.

15 hours ago, Vainamoinen said:

Of course, whoever worked on that trailer absolutely has an eye for composition as well.

Our art director is Claire Hummel, who is a boss.